Argumentative Members (Or Just Ex-Pats)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's seems Christmas and New Year truly stress some folks. Lack of money, being far from family or homeland among other things can cause Expats to become depressed or sad.

Then there are the trolls drunks instigators and diminished cranial cavity players and drama queens that go from one forum or group to the other until they get banned. The latest person reminds me of a member here some time ago I don't remember who, yet.  :89:

You are correct Jack. I feel a bit sorry for that angry odd person.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Why do we get Argumentative types who continue a Conversation when it is clear that they can be wrong

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Why do we get Argumentative types who continue a Conversation when it is clear that they can be wrong

:hystery:  :hystery:  Brilliant, other words fail me.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your contributions here are valued Chris.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have seen a few examples recently of forum members not living in the Philippines, who have some big pre conceived ideas about what it's like living here. And we get some 2nd-3rd party anecdotal information, which we are supposed to take as factual. That kind of stuff requires a rebuttal, hopefully without getting overly argumentative.

As For Philippines Law. The law is written, but there is an underlying question about if the law will be applied. There are risks in breaking the law, especially if reported by a Filipino. At the same time any of us may have broken the law unknowingly, or been or the wrong side of some local legislation. We go a lot on advice from our partner, but sometimes she also would not know.

So what am I saying, if anything at all. We who live here over an extended period of time, involved with building codes, immigration issues, small business operations, do have a certain feel for the environment here. We enjoy answering questions, but we don't enjoy being told how things are here in the country, by someone who does not currently live here. Someone with no current "boots on the ground" experience.

I used to get involved in the arguments, but not now. So I guess that's the best for me, but it's hard sometimes when being giving misinformation.

I get a few things wrong too, but don't mind being corrected.

post-2148-0-69061700-1449627660.jpg 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Another idea I have is that some people just outlive their sense of humor... 

I have mentioned something similar in the past.  Many older folks, especially men, get set in their ways, and don't want to listen to another opinion.  Sometimes this can be amplified by physical problems such as high blood pressure or stroke.

Then add in the anonymity of the internet, and it is amplified again.

• Like 3