Starting My 13A Visa Process

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
under “entries” it states single

That part surprises me.  Ahhhh I get it now.  It does not mean "you" are single it means you can only enter the country one single time.  :1 (103):

I suppose that is because the first 13a is probationary?  But JP will know, he has just been through this in country.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
I suppose that is because the first 13a is probationary?

I'm not sure either.  But through my research I am inclined to believe it's because it is a temporary probationary 13A visa(issued outside the country). I've been told I need to report to the BI asap after arrival to get my permanent probationary 13A visa.  Again I am just guessing on this.  Unless someone here has gone this route, I will just have to wait and see.

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That part surprises me.  Ahhhh I get it now.  It does not mean "you" are single it means you can only enter the country one single time.  :1 (103):

I suppose that is because the first 13a is probationary?  But JP will know, he has just been through this in country.

Yes that is so, It is your legal Entry as a 13a Holder, when you go to BI they will put another stamp in that will Update you to a Probationary Resident and give you a date of Expiry then 3 months before this date you need to Upgrade again to Permanent

Remember do your Annual Report though or it will be cancelled.

Just a Point, The Embassy can no longer give Permanent Residency as they did a few years ago. All now have to do the one year Probation.

When are you expecting to travel? You must do the reporting by March end. ( I think that is right) Anyway all will be explained on your Arrival

Jack :)

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Yes that is so, It is your legal Entry as a 13a Holder, when you go to BI they will put another stamp in that will Update you to a Probationary Resident and give you a date of Expiry then 3 months before this date you need to Upgrade again to Permanent

Remember do your Annual Report though or it will be cancelled.

Just a Point, The Embassy can no longer give Permanent Residency as they did a few years ago. All now have to do the one year Probation.

When are you expecting to travel? You must do the reporting by March end. ( I think that is right) Anyway all will be explained on your Arrival

Thanks Jack.  Most of that sounds like what I was thinking.  I'm not entering the Philippines until the end of April.  I explained that to the gentleman who reviewed my application at the embassy my first time there.   He told me that was fine and I should report to the BI after arrival.  I asked him how soon I needed to report to the BI and he stated within the year but the sooner the better.  I plan to report within the first couple days unless instructed differently at the airport.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack.  Most of that sounds like what I was thinking.  I'm not entering the Philippines until the end of April.  I explained that to the gentleman who reviewed my application at the embassy my first time there.   He told me that was fine and I should report to the BI after arrival.  I asked him how soon I needed to report to the BI and he stated within the year but the sooner the better.  I plan to report within the first couple days unless instructed differently at the airport.

:thumbsup: Always best to do these things ASAP especially where a change of Status is Happening.

Have a good Trip April is not far away  :)

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, Thanks to whoever removed that post.  A little scary having all that info posted.

Anyway, I'll attempt this again hopefully with the blackout info.

post-1290-0-39338600-1452437701_thumb.jp post-1290-0-26407100-1452437826_thumb.jp post-1290-0-02715200-1452437832_thumb.jp

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Congrats on getting the visa.

How long did the whole process take you?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Congrats on getting the visa.

How long did the whole process take you?

I'd say about 30 days.  I had most everything here like birth cert. & marriage cert.  on hand.  Just needed to get police clearance and medical.  I had pre-planned and was mostly ready.  Once all documents are prepared and submitted at the embassy I had the visa arrive in the mail just two days later!  I think now that I learned a few things, which I posted earlier, it could be done in just about 20 days.  If you make no mistakes!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
florin1106
Posted
Posted

Jack Peterson or anybody in the know about this 13A Probationary. I just start gathering papers for this Visa and have some questions please..

In the Check List ( documents necessary for taking to BI) from their website it says 

<< Joint letter request to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse >>

I have checked and there is not a Form per se in the website. What kind of letter is this ?? Who is drafting it?

1. How should I word it ? Should I notarized it ? If yes, should I take it to a Lawyer to notarize ? 

Have no idea guys, please help..!

2. Again on the check list it says << Duly accomplished ( BI Form CGAF-001-Rev2) >>

Duly accomplished means Notarized ? Here in Tagbilaran City have not seen any Notaries ..should I take it to a Lawyer?

Thanks for the help

Chuck

intrepid
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, florin1106 said:

1. How should I word it ? Should I notarized it ? If yes, should I take it to a Lawyer to notarize ? 

Have no idea guys, please help..!

2. Again on the check list it says << Duly accomplished ( BI Form CGAF-001-Rev2) >>

Duly accomplished means Notarized ? Here in Tagbilaran City have not seen any Notaries ..should I take it to a Lawyer?

1)  Word it short and simple.  I did my 13A application in the US.  Had it notarized.  I would suppose in the PI needed also. Sample;  I _________ , do hereby request my husband, _________ be granted a 13A visa for the purpose of retiring and living full time in the Philippines.

signed___________________  Dated_______________  Notary_____________________

2)Duly accomplished = completed.

should I take it to a Lawyer?= if that is your only option but should not be necessary.

hope this helps.