Starting My 13A Visa Process

florin1106
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

Florin, I got our letter scanned today, but the folks I use, their internet is down so I should have it for you tomorrow. My original letter for my probationary 13A was much like Steve's which was used and submitted in 2015. When I went for my permanent we just changed a few words to reflect that we were now applying for permanent, had it notarized and included it in our packet. Upon submission we were told that it was wrong and to go next door and for a 300 peso fee (I think), took 5 minutes.

Now, having said all that, far be it for me to say that Steve's will not work. One thing most of us can agree on is that things change widely from office to office, branch to branch and upon the whim of the current manager. Heck for all I know the head of our branch might have made this change just to throw a relative some work. Anyway, ill up load it as soon as it comes in and you can decide.

OH BTW we picked up my permanent 13a visa this last Monday. So I don't have to dick with it for 5 more years:6: 

Congrats again for your Visa ! wow!!  Nice to know you go back there in 5 years time!

It's all right about the Scan letter ..Take your time ..

Ya, I know the symptoms about things that change here from office to office, branch to branch ( banks too !) etc..

Probably the Lawyer next door you use, gets some kickbacks..! 

You know what..? I will call them and read the letter(s) over the phone until they say < it's ok> . Only then I will notarize it !

Scott for a change from Probationary to Permanent have you compile the same amount of papers and documents? How much did you pay the second time around?

Have a good day sir..

Chuck

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, florin1106 said:

It's all right about the Scan letter ..Take your time

Florin, can you message me your email, I cant seem to attach my letter example, ill just email it to you if its ok.

florin1106
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, scott h said:

Florin, can you message me your email, I cant seem to attach my letter example, ill just email it to you if its ok.

Thanks Scotty for trying to help..

You did not forget ...

All right here is my email I hope they will allow it:

Note: it is CA as in Canada not COM !

Good for you living in Manila Scott..

In my case, after the marriage, in order to get the Marriage Certificate in one month, one of us ( me or my wife) needs to fly to Manila to get it..! I asked if i can arrange to be mailed instead (  paid by me thru LBC ) but it is Not Acceptable..!! Sh...oot!

Otherwise it can take up to one year these government bureaucrats to mail this certificate here to Bohol.

She will fly to Manila after May 16th !

Thank you again

Have a good, cooler !!! weekend

Chuck

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed email, if you want spam post it
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
intrepid
Posted
Posted

I thought I would bring an update to this process after arriving in Manila today.  To recap, I applied for the 13A visa at the Philippine Embassy, Washington DC and got it in January within a few days.  I received the visa inside my passport along with a packet of papers in a large envelope which I suspected was the application which I submitted at the embassy.  It was sealed and stamped with directions to submit it to the immigration officer along with my passport once arriving at the Manila Airport.  I was thinking the process would take maybe 20-30 minutes.  Boy was I wrong! So when it was our turn, I handed the officer everything.  He looked at our passports then opened the sealed envelope while I was standing watching.  I could now clearly see as he looked through the papers that it was my complete application which I had submitted.  After less than two (2) minutes, he had stamped my all our passports and handed me back the large envelope and instructed me to report the Immigration Main Office within 7 days.  So we are thinking Tuesday to see what that holds. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the great info on applying for a 13A from the USA. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

Thanks for all the great info on applying for a 13A from the USA. 

Your welcome earthd.  Just hoping some others can benefit from this experience.  I'm still excited to see the results of the interview/ wait or whatever may happen at he immigration office.  And of course anything change at any given moment here in the Philippines,...and other places as well.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Well, arrived at BI today at about 1030 this morning.  Was told to submit my paperwork to window 37 along with my passport.  About 10-15 minutes given a bill to pay at the cashier for a total of P 5618.  Back to window 37 another 10 minutes.  Then to have my fingerprints and photo taken at he end of the counter.  This took about 5 minutes and was given a receipt with my ACR number and told to call the number on the back in a week or two to check it is ready before returning.  The place seemed busy but will all my papers in order, moved along fast and smoothly.  From other stories I have heard it seems like applying for the visa in your home country is much easier and faster.  Just one trip to BI.