Pi Population Bomb: Retreat Or Dig In ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, David B said:

Thank you mr.Goodfellow.  And everyone in every clinic, hospital, office, firm, etc. purchased their degree or certificate from a corrupt official.

My wife takes offence at this Statement.

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha
  • Like 2

David B
Posted
Posted

The sarcasm is dripping from that statement.  She must not be following the thread.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, David B said:

The sarcasm is dripping from that statement.  She must not be following the thread.

No Sir your attempt at sarcasm has failed, That is why she is offended

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

I love how you take offense of such a generalising input. Seriously, I do.

I am sure it was not meant to come out the way it did, but we need to watch our tounges, a slip like that could hurt the insides of many.

There are good, wortwhile education to be had almost anywhere in the world. But rarely is it available to everyone, like it is in Scandinavia. This has a negative impact on the strength of the countries brainpower, as the many lack the basic knowledge to make educated choices.

And.... when they actually DO get themselves a degree, the outside world don't believe it to be worth anything, and put the hardworking graduates to clean the dishes.

There is light in the end of the tunnel though, as whatever worldwide experience and contacts they made, they WILL have the knowledge to make good use of the day they return home. If there is a home to return to, that is.

Too many countries lack the vision of value to invest in good, profound schooling. They spoil to rotten the most valuable asset a country has - the population, and leave it to the few lucky to muster the dinero needed to school their children. I am one in favour of changing that.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, MikeSwede said:

I love how you take offense of such a generalising input. Seriously, I do.

My friend. it is this generalization that is the problem, you see the Indigenous people of the PI really have had enough of our (The foreigners) attitude to things

• Like 5

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My friend. it is this generalization that is the problem, you see the Indigenous people of the PI really have had enough of our (The foreigners) attitude to things

And rightly so. That's why I liked the response it got, and a fast whiplash too. :tiphat:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Each to there own i say, but bringing a child into this world you must be prepared to work hard and support the child and the mother till you think its right for the child to make his or her way in life,

Most of us still can father a child but long term can you look after that child ,best bet is to play safe , that way you can live the life you are wanting plus you are not contributing to the Population ,  every ones a winner

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So you mean to tell me almost the whole population works as a Jeepney driver or owns a sari sari store. I wonder who designs buildings, how a bank operates with no staff or managers, who drives the ambulances or who cooks in the restaurants at 5 star hotels.  Surly some people got a good education in the Philippines or did they all go overseas then come back.

NO JGF. Not all of the pople work as that...

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, David B said:

Thank you mr.Goodfellow.  And everyone in every clinic, hospital, office, firm, etc. purchased their degree or certificate from a corrupt official. The only educated Philippinos are those who went overseas.  Those unhappy in the RP would probably be unhappy anywhere. 

Possibly not "everyone" at every clinic, hospital but I did have a doctor want to take my blood sugar while I was eating a piece of hard candy. Then when the blood sugar was elevated, just slightly outside the bounds of normal, declared I was a diabetic. Blanket defenses make as little sense as blanket indictments.

David B
Posted
Posted

PLEASE BE ADVISED : My comment was totally in jest. It was sarcasm. I have every confidence that most professionals are properly trained. On a side note, I  don't trust doctors no matter where they are from. 

• Like 2