Looking back, what would you change?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Jack's comments were interesting.  Many here and I am one, came because we were dismayed with our lives back in our own countries.  That does not mean we don't love it, it my case I just cant afford to live in it.

But good news my dear Government just gave me a$6.40 per fortnight rise, how good is that!!!

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure where you are but that happened to me in Liloan Cebu many years back.  Turned out to be a new law that garbage needed to be 'segregated' or they did not have to pick it up.  One phone call to the mayor and they came to get it, but boy were they mad at my gf for calling the mayor on them.  

This reminded me of something.... I will start a new thread re 'nabubulok'.

• 2 weeks later...
Nephi
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, earthdome said:

The only regret I have is having started smoking at the age of 19. I finally quit in 2014 but after almost 40 years of smoking the damage has been done. I hit the trifecta - heart problems, cancer and COPD. All 3 diagnosed in my 50's. And all smoking related. I have had financial setbacks... but your health is everything. Just wish I had learned that lesson much earlier in life so I would have more time to share life with my asawa.

The heart issues and COPD remain but I am fortunate in that I have been cancer free for almost 6 years now.

Same here Earthdome, I'm 64 and have COPD. I refused to listen to anyone and insisted on doing my own thing. Now we pay the fiddler. 

Are you living here in the Islands? I've been here (COPD only) for bout 13 years this time but have a good doctor that has kept me alive and use all the right meds.

Guess some things we just have to learn the hard way. Maybe it's for a reason..

Nephi

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Nephi said:

Same here Earthdome, I'm 64 and have COPD. I refused to listen to anyone and insisted on doing my own thing. Now we pay the fiddler. 

Are you living here in the Islands? I've been here (COPD only) for bout 13 years this time but have a good doctor that has kept me alive and use all the right meds.

Guess some things we just have to learn the hard way. Maybe it's for a reason..

Nephi

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years, 2013 and 2014. Most of that time in Baguio. My COPD is moderate and I hope to keep it there. We may move back to the Philippines in a few years. One of the things high on my list to consider where we live will be air pollution.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I wouldn`t  change anything as I feel that I am who I am because of what I`ve been through.

You ain't seen nuttin' yet......wait until you finally meet me.  Like playing pool, I'll put some "filipino-english" on your cue ball....he, he.  I'll have you corrupted in no time flat!

Lub you no chit......

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jake said:

You ain't seen nuttin' yet......wait until you finally meet me.  Like playing pool, I'll put some "filipino-english" on your cue ball....he, he.  I'll have you corrupted in no time flat!

Lub you no chit......

Matey you might find that I corrupt you so be aware be very aware.Look at poor young JP he is beyond redemption after meeting me.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 31 March 2016 at 9:40 PM, earthdome said:

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years, 2013 and 2014. Most of that time in Baguio. My COPD is moderate and I hope to keep it there. We may move back to the Philippines in a few years. One of the things high on my list to consider where we live will be air pollution.

DUH !  Whatsa COPD? As for air pollution, I think its mainly anywhere there is a lot of traffic. Jeepneys, big trucks and buses. Baguio would still be best bet to avoid air pollution. Air pollution would be the least of my concerns. 

You left once. Why return? I wouldn't. Just saying. 

Nephi
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

DUH !  Whatsa COPD? As for air pollution, I think its mainly anywhere there is a lot of traffic. Jeepneys, big trucks and buses. Baguio would still be best bet to avoid air pollution. Air pollution would be the least of my concerns. 

You left once. Why return? I wouldn't. Just saying. 

COPD is a non-reversible, progressive lung disease. Can be caused by many things but usually tobacco smoke/smoking is the traceable cause. Information on COPD can be found Here.

Nephi

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic