Looking back, what would you change?

Nephi
Posted
Posted
On 3/31/2016 at 9:40 PM, earthdome said:

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years, 2013 and 2014. Most of that time in Baguio. My COPD is moderate and I hope to keep it there. We may move back to the Philippines in a few years. One of the things high on my list to consider where we live will be air pollution.

Earthdome,

Life here it seems is a trade off for those of us that have any serious medical conditions. There are many places that are not only quiet but also pollution free. Problem is that those places would not have anything that even resembles safe or adequate medical care or hospitals. Best area that I know of would be close to but NOT IN Baguio City. Nice up there and cool most of the time. Only issue there would be that it is above 5,000ft and less oxygen in the air. If your COPD is advanced it still might not be the place to be.

One big advantage of living here in the islands is the much lower cost of doctors, hospitals, and especially the COPD medications. Back in the states, even with most insurance the meds I use would probably cost $1,000 + per month. Here, those same medications cost just under $200.00 per month. Office call for doctor is just $6.00 and even an emergency room visit is just $20.00. One big advantage I find living here is that there really is zero stress and that makes a difference on breathing and the quality of life.

Nephi

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Matey you might find that I corrupt you so be aware be very aware.Look at poor young JP he is beyond redemption after meeting me.

:hystery: Except on a Friday, Not a good day for a quiet Chat it seems :whistling:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nephi said:

COPD is a non-reversible, progressive lung disease. Can be caused by many things but usually tobacco smoke/smoking is the traceable cause. Information on COPD can be found Here.

Nephi

Ok, thanks. Now I know. It's a new term for me.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I had an aunt who may or may not have had COPD. She was a smoker and lived to an old age of 90. She would smoke one cigarette after another and drink coffee all day long. Evenings would be the same except for drinking beer instead of coffee. She was a fun person. Everyone loved her. She could talk all night long if she had someone who would listen. She had a sign on her front door that read, "Guests Welcome, relatives by appointment only". She outlived 4 husbands and she loved men in uniform. She had a sharp memory and did crossword puzzles when alone. She passed away in her sleep. Never having complained of any pain or anything. 

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I had an aunt who may or may not have had COPD. She was a smoker and lived to an old age of 90. She would smoke one cigarette after another and drink coffee all day long. Evenings would be the same except for drinking beer instead of coffee. She was a fun person. Everyone loved her. She could talk all night long if she had someone who would listen. She had a sign on her front door that read, "Guests Welcome, relatives by appointment only". She outlived 4 husbands and she loved men in uniform. She had a sharp memory and did crossword puzzles when alone. She passed away in her sleep. Never having complained of any pain or anything. 

That's the best sign to ward off unwanted relatives I've seen. I may use that for a sign on may gate - *in Tagalog.*

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Nephi said:

That's the best sign to ward off unwanted relatives I've seen. I may use that for a sign on may gate - *in Tagalog.*

It was meant to be funny. She had a good sense of humor. One of her strong points. Lots of friends and we all loved her. Her biggest fault was talking too much. No one could get a word in until she finished speaking her mind.

Jake
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Matey you might find that I corrupt you so be aware be very aware.Look at poor young JP he is beyond redemption after meeting me.

You right about that!  This is Jack P flying his Vulcan inverted:Avro%2BVulcan%2BBomber%2BAircraft%2B2.jp

This is Kevin on a beer run:   Image result for dr strangelove image from DR Strangelove

GOTTA LUV THEM BRITS!

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

You right about that!  This is Jack P flying his Vulcan inverted:Avro%2BVulcan%2BBomber%2BAircraft%2B2.jp

This is Kevin on a beer run:   Image result for dr strangelove image from DR Strangelove

GOTTA LUV THEM BRITS!

like+button.jpg

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks like this topic has ran its course.