Table manners ( negatively or positivley Speaking

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Are the Any?  in your house or Places you Visit?

Just a Question but it will hold my attention to the Answers and there are days I feel it does need discussing.:huh:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Are the Any?  in your house or Places you Visit?

Just a Question but it will hold my attention to the Answers and there are days I feel it does need discussing.:huh:

Jack, I was once asked if I ever ate with my fingers? To which I answered of course not! I make them eat in the kitchen. I then had to admit that I have never actually caught them eating. Of course this resulted in the perplexed look:smile:

I normally don't care how someone eats as long as they do it in an efficient manner and without a lot of spillage. I am less than thrilled when eating near someone who doesn't chew with their mouth closed or does a great deal of talking while chewing and food inevitably falls out of their mouths. If some sort of dip is involved, I might take the precaution of ordering my own in case double dipping goes on. Short of that I'm fairly easygoing.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

Jack, I was once asked if I ever ate with my fingers? To which I answered of course not! I make them eat in the kitchen. I then had to admit that I have never actually caught them eating. Of course this resulted in the perplexed look:smile:

I normally don't care how someone eats as long as they do it in an efficient manner and without a lot of spillage. I am less than thrilled when eating near someone who doesn't chew with their mouth closed or does a great deal of talking while chewing and food inevitably falls out of their mouths. If some sort of dip is involved, I might take the precaution of ordering my own in case double dipping goes on. Short of that I'm fairly easygoing.

I thought i was but just Lately I have noticed some pretty bad habits arising one of which, is that no one seems to have a cloth to wipe there hands on so  whatever is Touched gets messy and if it comes to me when asked I am looked at strangely because I wipe the thing, sauce bottle maybe. I get so annoyed that some will leave the table, Uncleaned hands and turn the Volume up on the TV mess again on knobs and remotes, For me I would OFF the TV but it causes arguments.:56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I thought i was but just Lately I have noticed some pretty bad habits arising one of which, is that no one seems to have a cloth to wipe there hands on so  whatever is Touched gets messy and if it comes to me when asked I am looked at strangely because I wipe the thing, sauce bottle maybe. I get so annoyed that some will leave the table, Uncleaned hands and turn the Volume up on the TV mess again on knobs and remotes, For me I would OFF the TV but it causes arguments.:56da632e94212_1(60):

I have been places Jack where there were no napkins or so forth. I would generally wipe my hands on the crotch of my pants. Should someone mention that my pants had sauce on them, I would just ask them why they were checking me out?:thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Are the Any?

Short answer, not many my mother would recognize lolol.

But I should have know something was coming, when early in our marriage we had breakfast with some of my wifes cousins at a restaurant in the states. Meal was over and we were sitting over coffee talking. I guess her cousin had a booger in her nose, she dove right in, all the way to the second knuckle. But it was OK I guess because she covered her nose and finger with a napkin while looking for gold:bonk: 

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My wife has a habit at home to put one foot on the chair while eating. She only does it at home. She says it is comfortable. It seems awkward to me but what do I know. 

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife is a fan (and frequent participant of the 3 finger scoop)..and although the quiet type usually, here most lively conversations are usually around meal time. It makes for an interesting sight sometimes, but it's only the two of us, so I'm used to it for the most part.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

While in some countries it not accepted, in Philippines it's quite a common practice to eat with your fingers.

On my first visit I purchased a set of cutlery for my host's who immediately used the spoon and fork!

Since then I realise, it's a tradition to eat with fingers when eating native style food and anything that saves me washing up is fine with me!....:whistling:

My wife sometimes eats with her fingers, but never when having soup :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

My wife has a habit at home to put one foot on the chair while eating. She only does it at home. She says it is comfortable. It seems awkward to me but what do I know. 

My wife does the same thing... my stiff old joints don't understand it. She says it is comfortable.

Talking about eating with your hands... we were at the Bulabog Putian National Park today (who knew there is a cave system 1 hour from Iloilo?), anyway... picnic in the car.  Everyone was eating with their hands, sharing containers of food. I brought boiled eggs and commented that I forgot the salt.  Our cousin reached in her bowl, scooped out some salt, with her fingers, dropped it in my wife's hand. My wife picked it up and put it in my bowl.  So...yeah... we eat with our hands and our cousins hands.

And they know not to even give me a fork or spoon at Mang inasal ha ha (I do use a spoon for the ice cream if I get it)

• Like 4