Table manners ( negatively or positivley Speaking

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: When I said Table manners I was not just referring to eating habits, which I find , in may cases just bad. I was referring to normal table manners that we were brought up with,  when I have Guests  all some want to do is use there damn Phones, Overtalk, even the kids shout. Getting up and Down from the table, Food on the table not on Plates, people just not being respectful of the table they are eating at. OH! the list could go on but to me, it is just another show of Never having had any Discipline in Pure basic Manners, My Opening Question was:

:89: Are the Any?  and the more I sit and think about it and read the posts, I am convinced the Answer is   NO!

Jack:whistling:

Times have changed a lot Jack.  I would never allow a phone at the dinner table.  But it does not stop there. We were raised when manners were taught and expected.

Whether in Asia or Western world, manners are a dying quality.  I think it comes down to respect, but I may be wrong.  I remember not that long ago, opening the car door for this woman (who I really did not want to see again) and she admonished me saying I was treating her badly and she did not need me to open the door for her. 

Needless to say she did not get a chance to open the car door again. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I remember not that long ago, opening the car door for this woman (who I really did not want to see again) and she admonished me saying I was treating her badly and she did not need me to open the door for her. 

Needless to say she did not get a chance to open the car door again. 

:whistling: reminds of that Joke, "If you see a man opening the Car door for a Lady, it is either a New car or a New Lady but maybe both" :laugh:

Sorry back On topic, I have a new one that I did notice only last night, instead of getting up for a spare Plate/Bowl, lets put the Fish/Meat bones on the Place mat  and clean it Later, HUH! Sorry, will not let that one go toooooo Farrrrrrrrrr:Mad:

As much as I love them, Things are just not Good at meal times some days.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry, will not let that one go

May all your problems be such little one. :crack-up:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

May all your problems be such little one. 

Hmmmmmmmmm Funny now but wait till you start having Guests:56da64a75a342_11_12_141: by Thinking Ahead

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: When I said Table manners I was not just referring to eating habits, which I find , in may cases just bad. I was referring to normal table manners that we were brought up with,  when I have Guests  all some want to do is use there damn Phones, Overtalk, even the kids shout. Getting up and Down from the table, Food on the table not on Plates, people just not being respectful of the table they are eating at. OH! the list could go on but to me, it is just another show of Never having had any Discipline in Pure basic Manners, My Opening Question was:

:89: Are the Any?  and the more I sit and think about it and read the posts, I am convinced the Answer is   NO!

Jack:whistling:

Cell phones and tablets at the table, I see it often. Next time you are dining out some place, just look around. I've seen 4, 5 or more people sitting down for a meal and half of them are using their cell phones. As if something is more important than the ones you are dining with. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Cell phones and tablets at the table, I see it often. Next time you are dining out some place, just look around. I've seen 4, 5 or more people sitting down for a meal and half of them are using their cell phones. As if something is more important than the ones you are dining with. 

Bad I say BAD!:whistling:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

How else can we post pictures of our meal to Facebook?  Got to have the phone ha ha. 

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Kuya John said:

My wife sometimes eats with her fingers, but never when having soup

My wife and her cousin laugh at the way I will soup.  Depending on the type of soup, I will make an indention in the rice and pour the soup in.  Now you can eat with a spoon or your fingers.

Navy story - I was in Singapore back in the late 80's and eating a street vendor in Little India (amazing street food!).  As I sat down I saw 2 Indian guys looking my way, discussing something, and smirking.    I had rice, dal (lentil soup), and chapati (like a tortilla).  Of course no silverware.  I made an indention to the rice, poured in the whole bowl of soup, mixed it with my fingers, then tore strips of chapati to scoop up the rice/dal mixture.  They smiled and nodded... guess I passed the test.  Yeah, this white boy knows how to eat with his hands.  Went back a few days later with a Filipino buddy, from the ship, and he complained that there was no silverware. I laughed and said "Buggy, use your Filipino fork" (making pinching motions with my fingers ha ha... a few years away from home and he forgot how to eat?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bad I say BAD!:whistling:

I hate this too, they are every age too, that is a big NO NO, no phones are allowed if me and Ems are out together,

Its our time

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We was out yesterday at a all you can eat place, its very good, the foods great and the price is good too,

On the next table to us there was this family about 6 of them all ages, they had this child who played with her food the table was a right mess because of this child rubbing the food over the table but the parents was just feeding there mouths ,

I wish i could say something sometimes , but these days you just have to be so carefull,

• Like 1