Table manners ( negatively or positivley Speaking

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Maybe they are texting each other?  Actually speaking is for old people ha ha   :cheersty:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Ok... a Filipino just posted on Facebook asking about manners...

Set up - Easter Sunday dinner at grandmother's house.  During dinner his mother stood up in her chair and began singing along with the TV, with food in her mouth (unsure what song moved her so).  He said it was obvious that his brother and grandmother disapproved but they said nothing.  So he scolded his mother... and was shocked that he is now the bad guy.  All the Filipinos in the Group said he was wrong too.

Manners.  :6:

No respect at all. Let grandma sing. it's not going to kill anyone. I would have loved it if my grandmother sang any time.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

cell phones at the table...  hmmm...  i know for the working class that they are often used to eating alone after completing a 12 hour day plus travel time...  just enough time left to wash their clothes and go to bed to start again...  i guess it just took off from there...  of course, seeing the characters on television doing the same thing must mean it's ok for all...

manners...  no matter what country you are in, what is considered good manners change from what you grew up with...  not just by country but by locality sometimes...  so i guess maybe we are the ones with the strange table manners...?

:whistling:

(i miss my rofl guy too...  :boohoo:)

• Like 1