Table manners ( negatively or positivley Speaking

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

We was out yesterday at a all you can eat place, its very good, the foods great and the price is good too,

On the next table to us there was this family about 6 of them all ages, they had this child who played with her food the table was a right mess because of this child rubbing the food over the table but the parents was just feeding there mouths ,

I wish i could say something sometimes , but these days you just have to be so carefull,

Ah so you will already be used to the manners here then? :whistling:  Responsible and caring Parents as well for that matter :cool:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I wish i could say something sometimes , but these days you just have to be so careful

Good call.  You better not scold anyone else's kids ha ha.  Used to maybe... not anymore. :)

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bad I say BAD!:whistling:

Yes, BAD. 

Another time at Mang Insal I noticed a woman eating and her child (about 10) across the table from her playing with his Play Station or some hand held game and not eating his food. She said something to him and continued eating. When she finished, she took the boy to the sink and they both washed their hands and left. The boy never touched his food. I guess some things are more important to a 10 year old than eating.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I guess some things are more important to a 10 year old than eating.

Well mine is 17 and EVERYTHING is More Important than Eating or Anything else that involves paying Attention to what we would call Normal life but that's kids today I am constantly told.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Cell phones and tablets at the table, I see it often. Next time you are dining out some place, just look around. I've seen 4, 5 or more people sitting down for a meal and half of them are using their cell phones. As if something is more important than the ones you are dining with. 

It's no different in North America.  You wonder how they can enjoy their meals when they're busy fiddling with their cell phones and tablets.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, there are many, which is why you will seldom find me without a clean handkerchief in one pocket at tissues in another.

I have bad habits.  I eat chicken and pizza with my fingers.  I also eat MacDonald's hamburgers and fries with my fingers.  It surprises me to see some people using a knife and fork to eat some of these things, and then see those same people eat rice with their fingers.

Another pet peeve is how some cultures (or people from those cultures) think it is good manners to loudly slurp their soup or pasta and burp heartily

Sweat towel works in a pinch also. After I acclimatized I didn't need it as a sweat towel anymore.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 26 March 2016 at 0:46 PM, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: reminds of that Joke, "If you see a man opening the Car door for a Lady, it is either a New car or a New Lady but maybe both" :laugh:

Sorry back On topic, I have a new one that I did notice only last night, instead of getting up for a spare Plate/Bowl, lets put the Fish/Meat bones on the Place mat  and clean it Later, HUH! Sorry, will not let that one go toooooo Farrrrrrrrrr:Mad:

As much as I love them, Things are just not Good at meal times some days.

:whistling: reminds of that Joke, "If you see a man opening the Car door for a Lady, it is either a New car or a New Lady but maybe both" :laugh:

OR, Maybe she has a real short skirt. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ok... a Filipino just posted on Facebook asking about manners...

Set up - Easter Sunday dinner at grandmother's house.  During dinner his mother stood up in her chair and began singing along with the TV, with food in her mouth (unsure what song moved her so).  He said it was obvious that his brother and grandmother disapproved but they said nothing.  So he scolded his mother... and was shocked that he is now the bad guy.  All the Filipinos in the Group said he was wrong too.

Manners.  :6:

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Phones at a restaurant table very common here. It always amuses me to see two young lovers on their first date: heads down and keying like mad. I assume they are telling their "friends" on social media what a great time they're having.:89:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

I assume they are telling their "friends" on social media what a great time they're having.

Or maybe texting their spouses to tell them not to worry, they are just having dinner with 'friends'. :cheersty:

• Like 3