The risks of being a public foreigner

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

On the subject of "risks of being a foreigner", I just read that a Canadian hostage was beheaded in the Philippines.  

Let this be a warning about traveling to the southern part of the Philippines, like Mindanao and any resorts there where tourists might go.

You are right Ed. My brother who is not a towering mastermind has a saying, just say no. Skydiving? No. Swimming with sharks? No. Cobra petting zoo? Just say no. Life is hazardous enough without tempting fate. If you don't go where they very well could cut your head off, it would be a much greater surprise if it happened. I will take my brothers advise on this one.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

HikiSpray
Posted
Posted
On 2016-04-19 at 2:18 AM, Old55 said:

If I'm asked my opinion while in Philippines I say something like "I honestly don't know I'm just a visitor". Smiles all around. I keep my thoughts to myself we have enough problems here in the States I'm not gonna start stressing about stuff in another country I have no control of anyway.

I usually just say "I'ts more fun in the Philippines", seems to work out for me. They like my sense of humor there (at least my wifes relatives and people in the Cagayan valley.) :shades:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, HikiSpray said:

I usually just say "I'ts more fun in the Philippines"

I tend to say "Only in the Philippines"  :hystery: They ( the Locals,) Just love to be Different to the rest of the World and enjoy with laughter a recognition of this. ( Well in my Experience.):shades:

Jack :unsure:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Hey Steve said:

If someone is complaining about Travis trashing their country, why stop there-maybe go after Kyle Jennerman next (I can't figure out some folks sometimes, USA)

Yeah... that damn Kyle.... he smiles too much and seems to be having fun... can't trust him ha ha. 

There are a lot of negative vloggers, Travis (and Kyle) ain't it.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yeah... that damn Kyle.... he smiles too much and seems to be having fun... can't trust him ha ha. 

There are a lot of negative vloggers, Travis (and Kyle) ain't it.  :tiphat:

I have been following Kyle for a year on FB and never seen him say anything even remotely bad about Phillipines. He must smoke some good stuff not to notice all the crap and i want some of that stuff ???. I know i could have used it today trying to get a birth certificate for my boy ?.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I tell people that at my level I really don't have a problem here.  The corruption (if there is any) is above my paygrade.  I live near the beach, in the shade of banana & mango trees.  Could be worse

Of course if they ever "find" a bullet in my suitcase at the airport I will change my tune! :tiphat:

• Like 4