One Year Anniversary Here in the Phlippines

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bows00 said:

Hey Sander, what kind of work does a young guy like you do there?  I have heard that it is almost impossible to find any decent work there, mainly because you are competing with the locals earning very low wages.   Just curious. 

Work doesn't always mean a paying job. I bought an old jeep and I had a lot of work to do to get it into reliable shape. I didn't do the work to save money but so I was sure it was reliable. No tow trucks and I didn't want to have to hire a carabao.:thumbsup: Cooking and laundry is work also.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

Cooking and laundry is work also.

:hystery: No wonder I am always Tired  Cook.jpg washing.jpg

LOL every post a Winner :SugarwareZ-005: aww come on where is the Humour this week.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No wonder I am always Tired

As office boy I made such a mark
That they gave me the post of a junior clerk.
I served the writs with a smile so bland,
And I copied all the letters in a big round hand.
Chorus.
He copied all the letters in a big round hand.

Sir Joseph.
I copied all the letters in a hand so free,
That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee (Maybe AirForce??)!

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sir Joseph.
I copied all the letters in a hand so free,
That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee (Maybe AirForce??)!

Now that deserves a Hand Clap :chickendance: Can't find the Han Clap so you will have to make do with the Chicken ( you can cook it after):SugarwareZ-047: 

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just wondering if it's maybe your age, location or some other reason you are bored. What will you be doing in your home country that you couldn't do in the Philippines? 

Freeze his jatz crackers off!!!!

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Freeze his jatz crackers off!!!!

Better freez a little, then melt ???. You can allways add another layer, but you cant take off more then your wearing ???.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Better freez a little, then melt ???. You can allways add another layer, but you cant take off more then your wearing

That's your youth talking.  :SugarwareZ-005: I heard that expression all my working life in the frozen north and now I know it was just BS to keep us peons working hard.  Here you can always take a dip in the pool or the ocean or turn on the air con if you are too hot.  Much better.

• Like 5

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's your youth talking.  :SugarwareZ-005: I heard that expression all my working life in the frozen north and now I know it was just BS to keep us peons working hard.  Here you can always take a dip in the pool or the ocean or turn on the air con if you are too hot.  Much better.

Maybe once the joint pains start hitting me ??.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just wondering if it's maybe your age, location or some other reason you are bored. What will you be doing in your home country that you couldn't do in the Philippines? 

I know you will enjoy some time back home Sander.

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, robert k said:

Work doesn't always mean a paying job. I bought an old jeep and I had a lot of work to do to get it into reliable shape. I didn't do the work to save money but so I was sure it was reliable. No tow trucks and I didn't want to have to hire a carabao.:thumbsup: Cooking and laundry is work also.

A jeep or a Jeep? Am a Jeep fanatic, and tinkering with those ol' faithfuls is more a joy than a job, as long as a bit of swearing is allowed.

• Like 1