One Year Anniversary Here in the Phlippines

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, MikeSwede said:

A jeep or a Jeep? Am a Jeep fanatic, and tinkering with those ol' faithfuls is more a joy than a job, as long as a bit of swearing is allowed.

M-35 Willys. Partially restored when I bought it but still had many small details that needed attention to keep it reliable. isolating all the wiring so the wires wouldn't rub through was the biggest thing.

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted
On June 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Jake said:

Good morning Master Chief!  What I like about this forum is that Boss Man doesn't take any chit from anybody, especially from me.....he, he.  

I can also read between the lines -- don't you mean one beer at a time?

But then Jake, you are the star player here.  

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted
On June 20, 2016 at 4:31 PM, RonHenk said:

Bows00, there where a few things that had me second guessing. Off the top of my head, one would be the noise, pollution and traffic in Manila. Which was my landing spot for the first 6 months. Relocating to Naga City, Bicol relieved much of that stress. Another would be the hassle of trying to obtain a drivers license with the new rules implemented by the LTO. But as with a lot of things here. Where there's a will, there's a way. I posted about my experiences there a while ago in the appropriate forum topic. Mostly, you are quite correct, it has been about adapting and learning to accept that "We are not in Kansas anymore, Toto." That, coupled with a lot of patience, has bode me well. For me, the food here still leaves a lot to be desired. But you learn to do without or create your own alternatives. But all in all, this is my home now. And I choose to put on a happy face each morning. Rather than dwell on the negatives. Which, if one allowed it to, would bring any sane man to his knees.

Ron

Hey Ron,

The only silver lining I see living in Caloocan is the MRT-7 expansion plans