An Old Problem Comes Back.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cutting all cinnamon here guys.

I met Joy in 2007, got married in 2009, had a son in 2010. Son got his US Citizenship in 2011.

Joy was previously married with 3 children, I knew about one child. I found out later she had 3 kids. She got a CENOMAR through an insider. And when all the documents were in order, we got married. Around 2010 she had at least one American bf online. When I finally knew everything she was already making arrangements to meet the new guy.

I left Joy in 2011 when I know the whole story. I went to the NSO to get a copy of the marriage license in order to file a case of bigamy with intent to commit estafa. When I got the copy of the marriage license there was a decree of nullility stamped on it. That is not an annulment. Nullity is granted by a judge if he is given evidence that the marriage was not legal from Day 1.

Two lawyers and Public Prosecutor told me a case of bigamy should be filed by her first husband. I dropped my case when I was legally blocked.

Are you with me here? I lost 5 million pesos on the deal, house car and cash. I lost more than 5M but I made deductions for 4 years cost of living.

I let it go. I met Gina around that time. We got legally married in 2014. Have 2 kids born in 2012 and 2014.

Joy cut off all communication, blocking me on FB, changing Sim Cards and blocking almost all contacts, other mutual friends. I used Gina's FB to have a look at her activities as she took up with new bf Mark, from the USA.

I thought of warning Mark about Joy, but I had no way to contact him. We put out a few messages to his FB friends around 2011-12 asking him to email me. We never heard back anything.

From 2012-2016 we heard nothing except I would look in Gina's FB now and then.

Around a month ago, I got an email from Mark asking what I wanted. He said he and Joy broke up when she dumped him after she also scammed him for a similar amount. Another house, a car and a few other assets, 2 jeepneys on the road, and FX service. She dumped him when he started to question her finances. She took up with a Filipino guy after that.

Mark and I were chatting on email comparing notes, when out of the blue Joy calls me full of sweetness. He called her and started relaying our conversation. Joy begged me not to talk to him. But we were already communicating and he told me everything. He was broken hearted but getting over it. He's a rich man, the loss of money did not greatly impact him.

Joy started calling me putting my son on the line. She started saying your daddy's a champion triathlete and biker and you (my son) are just like him. In fact I did have him swimming at 2 and he's a swimmer now.

So what's the bottom line here? Where's all this going?

I hold my son's passport because the US Embassy issued it to me. The passport expired 8 months ago. She wants the passport and she wants it renewed.

I checked up with the US Embassy Manila and found out the following.

A minor child born outside the USA to a non citizen mother, must be presented at the Embassy by the mother and father. Unless the father has died and there's an affidavit stating that. The passport can be renewed up to age 18, let's say at age 17, but if the child is over 18 and has not resided in the USA his passport may not be renewed. Since they can't revoke citizenship, there is a procedure outlined on what to do it that case.

She wants the passport.

I am thinking of my next move.

What would you do?

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Toughie. You don't need to worry about the ex-not-wife it's how are you connected to your son and what/how much do you want to do for him? Also what can be done legally.

Incidentally my son was swimming at 2 as well. At four he now spends more time under the water than on top of it. I'm sure he's part dolphin.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, chris49 said:

Unless the father has died and there's an affidavit stating that.

Will she stop short of murder?  Do you know her well enough to be sure?  Many victims are wrong in their presumption that their ex would not do that.

It seems to me that you have nothing to gain by hindering that 6 year old boy from getting a new passport.  Unless you are worried she will take him to the USA and file for child support?

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Will she stop short of murder?  Do you know her well enough to be sure?  Many victims are wrong in their presumption that their ex would not do that.

It seems to me that you have nothing to gain by hindering that 6 year old boy from getting a new passport.  Unless you are worried she will take him to the USA and file for child support?

It's a bargaining chip. The child is 7 years old, does not need a passport right now. I want some form of compensation for doing the renewal eg my expenses, 2 trips to Manila. I have been advised to ask the value of my car or 50% of the value as it was 5 years ago.

She could not probably easily locate me except she knows the general area that I live in. As for murder, well she is capable to try that, but it's not a great concern.

She did arrange to have me beaten to get me out of the other house before he bf was due to arrive. But her relatives did intervene, I only got beaten on the legs by an iron bar.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

No, don't do it. As you said, the boy doesn't need the passport now. When the boy does need a passport, you will assist him I'm sure. If you don't have visitation with your son, I would stop communicating, become a black hole, listen but do not reply other than saying you received the message.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a scam where the boy's passport would be useful, but then I'm not your ex non-wife.

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

This is an unfortunate scenario. It could be made into a low budget movie. ( not on you budget).

I just wonder how she could have done all of this without you suspecting anything.  Oh Well,,,,

• Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, chris49 said:

As for murder, well she is capable to try that, but it's not a great concern.

She did arrange to have me beaten to get me out of the other house before he bf was due to arrive. But her relatives did intervene, I only got beaten on the legs by an iron bar.

I wouldn't give her the time of day. She's a schemer and in all likelihood has as ulterior motive for the passport. Women like this , especially Filipina, are usually vindictive. Since she arranged to have you beaten up in the past she is most likely is capable of having you murdered and it looks like she has the money to do it. I would break off all communication.  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What would be in the best interest of your son?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

What would be in the best interest of your son?

From what I read there could be doubt about whose son it is. 

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From what I read there could be doubt about whose son it is. 

Sad but true.

• Like 1