An Old Problem Comes Back.

chris49
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, robert k said:

I am reasonably certain that Chris the OP had to sign an affidavit that the boy is his son. I think that would make it legally so and pure heck to undo, possibly impossible, even if the boy is not his biological son.

Yes signed that. And because the marriage was legal at that time, no questions were asked. They looked at my passport and entry visa to confirm I was in the Philippines at the time of conception. And that's about as far as they went.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, robert k said:

I am reasonably certain that Chris the OP had to sign an affidavit that the boy is his son. I think that would make it legally so and pure heck to undo, possibly impossible, even if the boy is not his biological son.

Yes signed that. And because the marriage was legal at that time, no questions were asked. They looked at my passport and entry visa to confirm I was in the Philippines at the time of conception. And that's about as far as they went.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, chris49 said:

I'm in just the same case with my oldest son - who isn't, biologically, mine at all, but he's 21, now,  and neither he nor I care a damn about it. 

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Have you asked her for the reason she wants the passport renewed?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, Sander Martin said:

Have you asked her for the reason she wants the passport renewed?

Good question. But that's not the exact scenario.

She asked for the passport. She did not know it expired, but I informed her. Then I researched the US Embassy site for the requirements, so I informed her.

It's the middle of the school year, I don't think she's planning a quick visit to Disneyland. But if she was, I wouldn't surrender the passport for that. It doesn't fall under "best interest of the child". If the kid is 17-18, getting ready to go to USA, I will give it up. But it's up to her if she wants it renewed meantime.

And since that call around 10 days ago, she has not contacted me. She's a very hard woman, so I don't know what she's thinking.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I would ask her for the reason if she calls again Chris. Just tell her that you are not planing any trips to Manila for the near future and you wont do a extra trip just to get the passport, when there is no real need for it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2016 at 9:40 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Will she stop short of murder?  Do you know her well enough to be sure?  Many victims are wrong in their presumption that their ex would not do that.

It seems to me that you have nothing to gain by hindering that 6 year old boy from getting a new passport.  Unless you are worried she will take him to the USA and file for child support?

That's a valid worry, she could scam him for even more money by filing for child support.

• Like 3

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted

If this is a woman who hired men to physically beat you with a lead pipe then I would not have any contact with her ever again and certainly don't let her find out where you are.

God forbid, what if she hires someone to harm your new wife and kids?

You don't want to be in the mind of dangerous people like that.  I would stop talking with her.  She seems sweet now because she sees it as the first angle to getting what she wants.  After that doesn't work, she'll probably try a different method.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, DonJuanMatus said:

If this is a woman who hired men to physically beat you with a lead pipe then I would not have any contact with her ever again and certainly don't let her find out where you are.

God forbid, what if she hires someone to harm your new wife and kids?

You don't want to be in the mind of dangerous people like that.  I would stop talking with her.  She seems sweet now because she sees it as the first angle to getting what she wants.  After that doesn't work, she'll probably try a different method.

I agree on the sweetness. And the strategy of trying different methods.

One such strategy has been to offer me a visit to my son, and abruptly cancel the visit if she's not getting what she wants.

Bottom line again, she wants the kids passport and she wants it renewed, which needs my participation. She would also angle for me to pay for it. If ever I comply with that, I doubt if I will hear from her again.

I'm not giving up the passport.  My son is only 7. If he himself one day wants his own passport, I will give it to him. If she insists, we will start negotiating.

• Like 3