An Old Problem Comes Back.

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, chris49 said:

I agree on the sweetness. And the strategy of trying different methods.

Good morning Chris,

We are humbled to hear about your current stressful situation.  We are also mindful that this is no game regarding heated relationship with ex Filipina wife.  As you may know, jungle rules can readily be applied here.  

For future contacts, may I suggest having your conversations be covertly recorded.  Good ammunition to have when dealing with he said, she said litigations in court.  If situation is elevated, perhaps informing barangay captain or tanods of any suspicion persons lurking around your area.

Watch your six Chris!  Respectfully Jake

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The mistake was to reopen the lines of communication with your ex. I would simply change locations with no forwarding address. Less contact means less grief. You can renew the relationship with your son when he is old enough -- unless the mother poisons his mind before then. 

The bottom line is no one can expect a happy ending.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Chris, I have to agree with what the others have stated. Cut off communication with that woman and keep your location secret. Like Jake said keep your eyes very open and lay low for awhile. I'm truly sorry to read of your situation and hope somehow it all ends well.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, chris49 said:

I agree on the sweetness. And the strategy of trying different methods.

One such strategy has been to offer me a visit to my son, and abruptly cancel the visit if she's not getting what she wants.

Bottom line again, she wants the kids passport and she wants it renewed, which needs my participation. She would also angle for me to pay for it. If ever I comply with that, I doubt if I will hear from her again.

I'm not giving up the passport.  My son is only 7. If he himself one day wants his own passport, I will give it to him. If she insists, we will start negotiating.

Wise man.

chris49
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jake said:

Good morning Chris,

We are humbled to hear about your current stressful situation.  We are also mindful that this is no game regarding heated relationship with ex Filipina wife.  As you may know, jungle rules can readily be applied here.  

For future contacts, may I suggest having your conversations be covertly recorded.  Good ammunition to have when dealing with he said, she said litigations in court.  If situation is elevated, perhaps informing barangay captain or tanods of any suspicion persons lurking around your area.

Watch your six Chris!  Respectfully Jake

She doesn't know where I live and if she did it would be hard to find the place.

Last time I went to the Cap, he referred the problem to his wife who is a teacher, speaks English. She's also my mother in law's niece. Since Cap doesn't speak much English, she referred the problem to Cap's father who was visiting from California...he referred it back to Cap in Ilocano. That was 2 years ago, never heard back from them.

It's a small barangay about 200 houses. Any outsiders would be immediately noticed.

Thanks for your concern Jake. It is a situation. Not stressful, in fact I hold the passport, that's the ace. The rules on renewal of a child's passport in the Philippines are complex. The mother cannot do it alone.

I'm holding out looking for greener pastures. USA green, if you get me.

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Totally agree with Jake. Good luck.