Golf another luxury most Filipinos cannot afford or ???

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I thought it was Cock Fighting.

Cock fighting is more of a rural Filipino thing.  I mentioned polo because of the Manila Polo Club.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, MacBubba said:

Cock fighting is more of a rural Filipino thing.  I mentioned polo because of the Manila Polo Club.

After staying in the middle of Cebu, in Hippodromo there was cock fighting every Sunday in the street outside of my Mother in Laws house. So its also a city sport, with many fights in the few hours it went on.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

After staying in the middle of Cebu, in Hippodromo there was cock fighting every Sunday in the street outside of my Mother in Laws house. So its also a city sport, with many fights in the few hours it went on.

Thanks for that info. 

I am sure it has presence in cities as well, but perhaps not to the extent of its representation in rural areas.  I guess it's because there are more recreational pursuits to be had in cities.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/26/2016 at 6:43 PM, Mr. Bobo said:

I have shot in the low 80s a few times, but for the most part I was a bogie golfer no matter how much I practiced. I picked up too many bad habits when I started and could never overcome them. My advice to anyone that wants to pick up the game is take lessons early from a club professional.  

That pretty much sums up my 20+ years of golf!  I was getting pretty good and then it all went downhill.

I brought my irons with me here to PH but they are sitting in a bag rusting.  We have the old Navy course here in Subic, with a range, but I have never gotten out there.  A high % of the golfers there are Korean.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, MacBubba said:

I was just kidding. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

That pretty much sums up my 20+ years of golf!  I was getting pretty good and then it all went downhill.

This pretty much sums up me and my once happy golfing days. I had a set of custom made golf clubs that I left behind with my eldest son. They were D-3s with stiff shafts. Made by Mario Cesario in Redlands California. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MacBubba said:

I am sure it has presence in cities as well, but perhaps not to the extent of its representation in rural areas.  I guess it's because there are more recreational pursuits to be had in cities.

Yes, here in Davao City there is a huge stadium that has recently been refurbished and air condition in Matina part of town. As for the rural, there are cockfights there also but no definite location. Just where ever they decide to have one and news is spread by word of mouth. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, scott h said:

But as I sit and think about it, I am trying to think of an outdoor activity that is popular here

Not sure what it is called but a popular sport lately is a combination of motocross and pistol marksmanship...

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Not sure what it is called but a popular sport lately is a combination of motocross and pistol marksmanship...

John Wesley Hardin used to do it in the late 1800's but he only had a horse.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yes, vigilante hit squads quite popular lately. :Policeman: :pow::9436:

• Like 2