Golf another luxury most Filipinos cannot afford or ???

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: Seems there are many, Found a Listing that may surprise some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golf_courses_in_the_Philippines 

:thumbsup:

Ah. "The Wack Wack Golf Club". What a beautifully evocative name. :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, chris49 said:

Mini golf was a fad in the USA, 60's and 70's. By the 80's those courses were disused, later converted to skate board parks. Next came BMX bikes for kids. Then paintball and simulated combat action sports.

Combat sports like paintball are currently trending the Philippines. Where they have actual camouflage uniforms and play the games in disused buildings or in forest/jungle locations.

Golf courses do require large portions of land. There in San Pedro Laguna and in Bantangas, some of the courses are owned by corporations, backed by Koreans. I have played most of them.

Imagine mini golf in a city where commercial land is always at a premium and I think you can see why it's not a viable

I agree and I do know of our sports and fun things to do back home. Girls also love paint ball wars and they are fierce headhunters, I heard. I did not know they have it here. Glad to know this. Thanks.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I agree and I do know of our sports and fun things to do back home. Girls also love paint ball wars and they are fierce headhunters, I heard. I did not know they have it here. Glad to know this. Thanks.

Camp John Hay in Baguio also has paintball.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, earthdome said:

Camp John Hay in Baguio also has paintball.

I could be tempted to play if they had it around Davao City., Thanks

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I could be tempted to play if they had it around Davao City., Thanks

I've heard there's a couple places in or near your city...  The Big T...  Hehe!  Just look for one of the shops with the supplies in the window and I'm sure they can tell you where to go...  Nicely, of course..!  :mocking:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, i am bob said:

I've heard there's a couple places in or near your city...  The Big T...  Hehe!  Just look for one of the shops with the supplies in the window and I'm sure they can tell you where to go...  Nicely, of course..!  :mocking:

I'm willing to almost bet that they use live ammo here in Davao.:smile:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Paintball and airsoft is fairly popular.

• Like 1