So, is this a scam?

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Pangit said:

Cos I would be really interested in your input my friend.

Once again, I apologise for saying bad things about the Philippines in a previous post, it was deleted by a mod. It seems foreigners, just like Philippinos cannot have their own opinion in the time of Duterte. 

Must tow the line. Must say yes. Must not disagree. Must not say anything bad.

As I advised in an earlier post, slow down, deep breaths, relax a bit. 

Why not speak to your Barangay captain, explain situation, go to the head of Davao power explain, keep cool. As from your vast experience in SEA your aware raising voices does not help. I belive you find the head guy to be very reasonable.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Pangit
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, RBM said:

your aware raising voices does not help. 

Hopefully RBM that is why we have places to go, like this.

So we can let off our steam before approaching the barangay captain.

On a positive note, my Mrs has gone back to college to study Business Management, and last night I attended her report card giving ceremony. She did well, all scores in the 90s. Go girl.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Pangit said:

You are correct and I certainly hope it is helping you to post here.

If I can suggest; sometimes you post asking questions that you want answers to and sometimes you ask rhetorical questions to let off steam.  The difference does not come through to every reader, every time. (Differences in cultural background, country of origin etc)  So when you are just letting off steam it helps to use an icon like :571b119686cf7_1(72):or add one of your own.  If not into little cartoons, just say:

Rant over!

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Pangit said:

On a positive note, my Mrs has gone back to college to study Business Management, and last night I attended her report card giving ceremony. She did well, all scores in the 90s. Go girl.

Good to hear your positive news. Pity not posted earlier as we recently left Davao and would of been happy to meet up so both of could of had a good vent....

This issue will not go away, you going to have to make decision and follow it through.

Again good luck.

• Like 3

chico2663
Posted
Posted

I would take the word joe as a compliment. If you let the little things bother you what is going to happen when something major comes up.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2016 at 0:37 AM, Pangit said:

Cos I would be really interested in your input my friend.

Once again, I apologise for saying bad things about the Philippines in a previous post, it was deleted by a mod. It seems foreigners, just like Philippinos cannot have their own opinion in the time of Duterte. 

Must tow the line. Must say yes. Must not disagree. Must not say anything bad.

It`s not a case of towing the line,this forum has rules so as it does not turn out like some of the other forums where people slag each other off and are really negative about the Philippines.This in turn gives the locals a reason to dislike expats and it sometimes shows. I would let the owner sort out the electric and try not to get stressed about something you have no control over.Hope it all works out for you.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2016 at 2:51 PM, chico2663 said:

I would take the word joe as a compliment. If you let the little things bother you what is going to happen when something major comes up.

SIR Joe to you:whistling:

• Like 2

chico2663
Posted
Posted

well being to son of an e-7 and grandson of e8 and a nogo of e4;sir usually leaves a negative connotation. Sorry

• Like 2

Pangit
Posted
Posted

Chico...huh?

• Like 3