One aussie who wont be back

pjclark1
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Maybe that is the reality for you and a reflection of how you live your life. I expect there are many married men, their wives and family on this forum who you just insulted.

You may be right, but I really can't imagine my Thai wife and her family are all that different to most others in SEA. I don't really know (or want to know)  much about my Filipino gfs background and family,  what I don't know,  I can't worry about. 

Edited by pjclark1
Typo

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Warning. I dont like your attitude or your boasting so either get your act together as this is a family forum or take your crap to a nightlife forum.

Thank you....your Honour :tiphat:

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

First off I incorrectly said our baby was born in March.. I meant June.

I am not saying that things like this would not have happened before Duterte but offering rewards and encouraging outright killing is bound to impact innocent people.

I have actually read a few stories about innocent people being impacted by his war on drug addicts. If you do not believe me just do a little research.

And yeah, that comment on criminal activities is really bogus and pretty deplorable. I also have no idea what age has to do with this discussion?

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
Just now, Richieboy67 said:

First off I incorrectly said our baby was born in March.. I meant June.

I am not saying that things like this would not have happened before Duterte but offering rewards and encouraging outright killing is bound to impact innocent people.

I have actually read a few stories about innocent people being impacted by his war on drug addicts. If you do not believe me just do a little research.

And yeah, that comment on criminal activities is really bogus and pretty deplorable. I also have no idea what age has to do with this discussion?

Post them up for us all to read.

There is no smoke without fire and I wonder how many "innocent" ex pats are involved. Or Filipino's.

Also refer back to my previous point where you said you are having second thoughts about coming to the Philippines. With a new baby and a wife who will need at least 4 more years to attain US Citizenship you weren't coming anyway.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, chris49 said:

Post them up for us all to read.

There is no smoke without fire and I wonder how many "innocent" ex pats are involved. Or Filipino's.

Also refer back to my previous point where you said you are having second thoughts about coming to the Philippines. With a new baby and a wife who will need at least 4 more years to attain US Citizenship you weren't coming anyway.

It is not my job to do your research. If you care about it enough do it yourself. I read these through my BBC news app and I do not have time to go back and try to find them.

And who ever said all expats were innocent? And whether some were innocent or not is not the question. Did you read the article about this guy and the video and how all charges were dropped? I think if you really read the article you would perhaps see the point some of us are trying to make.

I am a citizen and my son was born here. My wife is from the Philippines and immigrated here. We planned on going back so her family could meet their new relative. I am sure his grandparents and aunts and uncles would love to meet him.

A question for you is are you all for killing drug addicts and dealers without giving them time to state their case in court? Should the police decide who deserves to be killed? Should a teenager smoking a joint or selling one to his friends be killed? If your answer is no then perhaps it would be best to arrest rather than killing..

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

To stay on topic, this guy was arrested. Many of the stories of people being killed are the result of a shootout and possibly from a non-drug related crime which is lumped with drug related shootings to inflate the numbers.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

That would be another topic which I am willing to discuss.

If there some aggrieved party dobbing in names of people to the police alleging Droga involvement. I would suggest to you that the accuser is putting themself in some quite deep trouble.Ditto an attorney who accepts Droga money as a retainer is also putting himself under scrutiny. At least one such situation occured here and the attorney has been killed 2 days later.

NB. I have not yet stated my opinion as to whether I agree or not. JGF does not like us going off topic so if it is posted I will respond.

chris49
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Richieboy67 said:

It is not my job to do your research. If you care about it enough do it yourself. I read these through my BBC news app and I do not have time to go back and try to find them.

And who ever said all expats were innocent? And whether some were innocent or not is not the question. Did you read the article about this guy and the video and how all charges were dropped? I think if you really read the article you would perhaps see the point some of us are trying to make.

I am a citizen and my son was born here. My wife is from the Philippines and immigrated here. We planned on going back so her family could meet their new relative. I am sure his grandparents and aunts and uncles would love to meet him.

A question for you is are you all for killing drug addicts and dealers without giving them time to state their case in court? Should the police decide who deserves to be killed? Should a teenager smoking a joint or selling one to his friends be killed? If your answer is no then perhaps it would be best to arrest rather than killing..

So what's your problem? You posted above you are rethinking going here? And I have pointed out you can't come here currently because of her immigration status.

So what I get is. You can't come but you are thinking about not coming also?????

And good if you can foretell the future which no one else can.

Blah blah blah. So many American's are threatening to leave the Philippines. And how many have actually left? And how easy is that as a retiree with a Filipina wife and kids? Even you Richie had to get a guarantor in the USA and you are working age.

• Like 2