Have times changed for you

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well boys and girls , as always its been a great response from you all on any changes many have noticed, but it all sounds like nothing has changed for the worst only the better for many, thank you all.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Well boys and girls , as always its been a great response from you all on any changes many have noticed, but it all sounds like nothing has changed for the worst only the better for many, thank you all.:thumbsup:

Don't count on it. It can always get worse. 

So, if the place you are leaving is worse than it is here then you will love it here. 

I call it PURGATORY here. I'm paying my dues for being naughty. So, I'm sending notice to St Peter to hold the gate open for me.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gratefuled said:

So, if the place you are leaving is worse than it is here then you will love it here. 

I call it PURGATORY here. I'm paying my dues for being naughty. So, I'm sending notice to St Peter to hold the gate open for me.

Anywhere can get worst or better, just like you say.

The problem i am seeing now is we are visiting all these nice places and yes when the sunshines everywhere looks and feels great and you think could i live here.

Its near to the family just a short flight away and its sort of cheap compared to back home , BUT I AM ON HOLIDAY AND EVERYTHING IS GREAT.

Keep saving Steve soon i will be in Coron and i will then say WOW lets live here.:whistling:

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Maybe your karma is down to your own negativity. If you exercised more positive thoughts while here I'm sure the time until you realise your dream ( of living in the US with your wife ) would be far more pleasant than it seems to be.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, virginprune said:

Maybe your karma is down to your own negativity. If you exercised more positive thoughts while here I'm sure the time until you realise your dream ( of living in the US with your wife ) would be far more pleasant than it seems to be.

First of all. I do not subscribe to "karma". Like I've said before, I'm a realist. I see things for what they are and not what I wish them to be. 

I make the most of my time here in the PI. I do not dwell on the negative part of it. Yes, I do look forward to a more "pleasant" life back home in southern California. 

So, please do not read into my posts what you imagine my life to be like here. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

First of all. I do not subscribe to "karma". Like I've said before, I'm a realist. I see things for what they are and not what I wish them to be. 

I make the most of my time here in the PI. I do not dwell on the negative part of it. Yes, I do look forward to a more "pleasant" life back home in southern California. 

So, please do not read into my posts what you imagine my life to be like here. 

My impression from reading your posts over time is that the 'you hate it here' and 'this is purgatory' comments is more blowing off steam than being one step away from suicide. I assume you are just not comfortable living where you are but have stayed to be with your wife. That uncomfortable feeling over time has worn down to the nerve and that is the reaction we read sometimes. Some people like it here, others don't, neither is wrong as it is personal preference, not right or wrong.

I remember you saying your wife has agreed to move to SoCal, do you have a date yet or still working on Visas etc? Would you start a thread on that experience as I will eventually be doing that for my wife? Have you considered the possibility that after being here so long SoCal might feel a little bit too constricting (just about anything goes to rules, rules, rules)?

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One should spit out the rant and move on.  Don't dwell on it! (Or if you must dwell on it then do that for as short a time as possible while mentally preparing yourself to make the best of what you've got.)

Done that. 

Moving on. 

( putting on my rose coloured glasses)

No more complaints about this shythole

• Like 3

Mr-T
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

MrT, how are schools for your 12 yr old?  Curious as that'll be huge consideration for us once we move there with then 3 yr old and figure by age 10 we'll have decide on return to US or not for grades 6-12.   Thnx. 

School is okay but nothing like the U.S. from what i can remember. Our daughter started school here and just finished the 6th. grade. Now she will be starting 7th. grade in august. For the 5th. and 6th. grade she did the Paces international cariculum. This is almost like a home study and the student advance at their own pace. Well with my wife's supervision  even though she attend classes (school) every day. The schools here have many extra activities not related to academics which i think is not necessary. The school our daughter will be going to ( No Paces) have a science section which she had to take a entrance test for. We will see how things develops and decide later if we should return to the U.S. for her to continue her education. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 3