Have times changed for you

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I think this could be a whole new thread about what choices a person made to make them either like or dislike their move. 

I've lived in some pretty grim places through no choice of my own due to my time in the military. I just looked on it a temporary phase I was going through and that soon I'd be moving onto pastures new. 

Even moving a few hours away to a new location can make a difference to ones attitude. I've moved from a condo in Manila that was like a coffin and to make matters worse I was bed bound due to an injury. I just tuned into the tv or surfed the web to keep my sanity. Never once did I get to the stage of hating it. It wasn't my first choice and I knew within the month I could up sticks and move which I did.

I'm now happy as a pig in the proverbial. Fresh air, a nice apartment, Crystal clear waters and nice beaches living a life at a fraction of the cost of the UK. 

At the same time I've a friend living here with a completely different attitude. If something isnt to his liking he just doesnt say "no thanks i dont like it" he lieraly spits his hate out. If hes offered something he doesnt like he goes on for about 10 seconds how much he hates it. Usually along the lines of " I f@@@@@ hate it, hate it. Don't ever offer me that again I f@@@@ hate it.' I've tried to tell him a simple no thanks is good enough but that usually leads to another rant. 

In short some people will always find a problem instead of a solution. Moving here is just like moving around your own country. The only difference being you can usually afford to live in the better places here. 

Well said, some people just dont realize sometimes all they have to do is move, i wonder what keeps folk in the same place if most of what is there they just seem to hate, could it be the younger ladies, slimmer ladies, sexier ladies did i mention younger.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, stevewool said:

i wonder what keeps folk in the same place if most of what is there they just seem to hate

I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life 
He spit between his boots and he replied
"It's faster horses, younger women, 
Older whiskey, and more money"

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well said, some people just dont realize sometimes all they have to do is move, i wonder what keeps folk in the same place if most of what is there they just seem to hate, could it be the younger ladies, slimmer ladies, sexier ladies did i mention younger.

Sometimes it is a bit harder to get her to move or move away from her when, as the saying goes, 'That's no lady, that's my wife!'

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I've been here for about three years now. We rented, then built and I've been behind my own walls in my own home for almost two years.

Living in Davao is different from a lot of places if the stories from others are to be taken at face value. I believe the people are different here. Compared to the tales I've heard, it sure seems that way.

We're under martial law here but it's not readily apparent. It's strange but where the few soldiers and police in fatigues that I do see on the street would have freaked me out back in Seattle, here they're almost a comfort.

It's only been three years but my life hasn't changed here in that time.

• Like 3