ShippingCart.com

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I've started sending stuff to the Hayward, CA branch, not holding back anything. I've got clothing, homebrew kits and homebrew accessories heading there from divergent companies like Hanes, Northern Brewer, and Amazon. Some items from Amazon are not Prime so their arrival is going to be over a week away.

One interesting wrinkle: Hanes.com (I will shamelessly plug their X-Temp t-shirts for thin yet durable fashionable tropical wear) would not allow me to enter my account number in the address. Their shopping cart apparently checks for address validity and would not allow me to use the number either in the first field of the address or the second field (labeled: Optional). It looped me with a popup that told me it had found an address and that if it wasn't correct, I could edit it. Editing it to add the account number sent me back to the popup.

An email to Hanes Customer Grunts garnered a cheerful note telling me how very sorry they were for my trouble and that I could call them to place an order. In the US.

An email to ShippingCart, wondering if there was any way to salvage my order garnered me a pretty comprehensive reply that surprised me. I could still have the order sent, they said, but they would need a tracking number and invoice from me to prove it was mine. When the order arrived, they'd email me for the info.

Huh.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Any updates Jessdaddy?  My shipment now says received at LBC Manila warehouse today.

Hi OMW.. I chatted with them again today. They cant even tell me where my first package is. Only that it has been forwarded to a delivery team. But that's the same thing they said 10 days ago. So, I dont know. They said they would contact me again tomorrow with more information. So, we'll see what they say. I dont know.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Hi OMW.. I chatted with them again today. They cant even tell me where my first package is. Only that it has been forwarded to a delivery team. But that's the same thing they said 10 days ago. So, I dont know. They said they would contact me again tomorrow with more information. So, we'll see what they say. I dont know.

Canned goods. Post-typhoon...

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I know.  MY brother in law works at the port in Davao, though. He said that even with the typhoon, container ships were only being delayed by a day or two. So, who knows. Anyway, I think for the provinces, balikbayan boxes are still the best way to go. For the amount I shipped, about the same money and mine get here faster than these two shipments are obviously taking. Live and learn. I might use them for air freight sometimes, but I am not sure if I will use them for sea freight again.

Edited by JeSsDaDdY

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Yeah, I know.  MY brother in law works at the port in Davao, though. He said that even with the typhoon, container ships were only being delayed by a day or two. So, who knows. Anyway, I think for the provinces, balikbayan boxes are still the best way to go. For the amount I shipped, about the same money and mine get here faster than these two shipments are obviously taking. Live and learn. I might use them for air freight sometimes, but I am not sure if I will use them for sea freight again.

I'd like to meet your BIL! Buy him a beer even! :smile:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I'd like to meet your BIL! Buy him a beer even! :smile:

haha. he might not like that too much. Hard core Mormon. Won't even drink coffee or dark soda. Beer? Never. Good people, though. I will tell just the same. He'll probably laugh.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
Just now, JeSsDaDdY said:

haha. he might not like that too much. Hard core Mormon. Won't even drink coffee or dark soda. Beer? Never. Good people, though. I will tell just the same. He'll probably laugh.

Tea then? :smile:

It's weird. I'm both really nervous about using ShippingCart and really encouraged by their comprehensive reply to my dilemma. But, hey, we all need that friend when we have to "Phone a Friend", yeah?

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh, I will agree their responses to inquiries have been stellar. They can talk really good and don't mind writing a book when doing it. That's for sure. Still, over promise and under deliver seems to be par for the course with them (at least for shipments outside the NCR area.) I know OMW likes their service so far, and I am not trying to minimize that at all. Just saying that my experience hasn't been as pleasant or satisfying. Overall, though, I think they're probably a pretty decent company just trying to do the best they can. Probably better if the revise their estimated delivery date system though. Better to deliver sooner than expected that to be late a lot.

Edited by JeSsDaDdY
  • Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Okay, another update. My first sea-freight package finally arrived today. So, it was only 2 weeks late (original delivery date was scheduled for September 11.) As some of you may know, I ordered a lot of canned goods, and most arrived intact. Some were kind of beat up due to poor packing, but overall they're in not too bad of shape. Everything was there, though. So, that's something. Overall, I would give the whole experience 3/5 or about a 60% rating. Still, not a bad service if you don't mind waiting for a while.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Okay, another update. My first sea-freight package finally arrived today. So, it was only 2 weeks late (original delivery date was scheduled for September 11.) As some of you may know, I ordered a lot of canned goods, and most arrived intact. Some were kind of beat up due to poor packing, but overall they're in not too bad of shape. Everything was there, though. So, that's something. Overall, I would give the whole experience 3/5 or about a 60% rating. Still, not a bad service if you don't mind waiting for a while.

Finally!  Based on your experience and what I read on FB and my experience so far, I would rate like this:

Website, origin warehousing, customer service, picture taking, etc.  4/5

Actual shipping, on the sea, tracking on the sea 4/5

In destination country handling and tracking 1/5

So, the weak link is LBC.  I'm ok with 6 weeks for sea freight, which is about what you got, but it is frustrating when you know it is in the country and bungling around at LBC.

My Sea shipment shows arrived at Olongapo delivery facility Saturday, and still not delivered yet.