ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Actually, earlier today the next stop was Shenzhen, China

Yes, another regional hub.  Only 2 hours from Philippines.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I guess I can't do any more than wait and see how many days this adds to delivery down here in Davao. As it is, they were shooting for the 29th (ordered the 16th). 

Screenshot (47).png

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I guess I can't do any more than wait and see how many days this adds to delivery down here in Davao. As it is, they were shooting for the 29th (ordered the 16th). 

Screenshot (47).png

Just curious. Was this an order directly from Amazon or a thirdy-party seller on their site? Also, are you a Prime member? Thats seems awful slow. Like I said last time, got my package in only 5 days with just the "standard" global option. Did not upgrade the shipping option at all.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, many countries have a customs clearance event even for shipments transiting the country.  For the express carriers, it a simple scan of a container tag and that raises the event for the all the packages inside the container.

Yeah, that makes sense. Much more so than the rumor I heard that they x-ray everything. Thanks for the info. Learn something everyday.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Just curious. Was this an order directly from Amazon or a thirdy-party seller on their site? Also, are you a Prime member? Thats seems awful slow. Like I said last time, got my package in only 5 days with just the "standard" global option. Did not upgrade the shipping option at all.

Yep. Sold by Amazon Services. And, yep, I'm a Prime member. This one was shipped from the Amazon mothership in Seattle, too. I thought it was slow as well because of the speed with which you received your item. Mine is just a pair of insoles I was going to take with me to Singapore in the first week of September. Now, I ain't certain.

EDIT: For some reason, it went to Ontario before Alaska. That's odd to me.

Edited by JDDavao

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Yep. Sold by Amazon Services. And, yep, I'm a Prime member. This one was shipped from the Amazon mothership in Seattle, too. I thought it was slow as well because of the speed with which you received your item. Mine is just a pair of insoles I was going to take with me to Singapore in the first week of September. Now, I ain't certain.

EDIT: For some reason, it went to Ontario before Alaska. That's odd to me.

I think you mean Ontario, California?  I believe that is the major west coast hub for UPS, so everything gets consolidated there before taking the polar route to Asia.  Anchorage is probably the last sort on the way to Asia, and a fuel stop.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think you mean Ontario, California?  I believe that is the major west coast hub for UPS, so everything gets consolidated there before taking the polar route to Asia.  Anchorage is probably the last sort on the way to Asia, and a fuel stop.

Heh. CA and CA. Yeah, probably California. :smile:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Well, mine went to Louisville, KY before heading to Alaska (After starting off in Oakland, CA (California). So, go figure. Sometimes, it just makes no sense. But, I guess they have their reasons.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
Saturday, August 4
9:57 AM
Package has left the carrier facility
Anchorage, AK US
7:41 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
Anchorage, AK US
5:20 AM
Louisville, KY US
2:33 AM
Louisville, KY US
Friday, August 3
7:25 PM
Oakland, CA US
4:19 PM
Oakland, CA US

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
US

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

I think you'll get it in time. UPS ain't too bad (usually). Still, for a Prime member ordering direct from AS, that is really slow. They are usually really good at getting Prime member orders out and on their way. I am Prime member also. I have thought about giving it up many times, but I just cant seem to do it. I do take advantage of the other stuff too, though, nowadays with Prime Pantry, the meager AWS storage, the free movies every now and then, etc. Not a bad value for $100 a year. Not as good a value here as it would be in the States, but still not too bad at all. And, the free shipping to to Shipping Cart helps out (for both Prime and Prime Pantry) orders.