ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is a link to the Philippines "De Minimus" customs rules and they coincide with what Jessdaddy has said.

https://customs.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/CAO-2-2016-ONAR-DE-MINIMIS.pdf

Currently p10,000 is about USD 188.

These rules may be new as of 2016????  If they are followed, and Amazon is offering nice shipping rates, I will definitely be trying it.  There are many things I have bought here for a very high price that I could have got on Amazon for half of that.

You need to be mindful of the exceptions but I think Amazon will not allow most of them.  I tried to put in Folgers coffee and they would not send it.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Amazon Global Shipment chugging right along. Already in Korea... :)

Screenshot - Sun, August 5, 2018 , 4_04_37 PM.png

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

UPS just dropped off the Amazon Global package. No additional fees or taxes collected. Just a signature and that was it. 5 days from order to delivery for $16. Not bad. Not bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did an experiment with Amazon Global Expedited Shipping (slowest) using a shirt brand I like.  (I ordered 5 of these and they are on the way on Shipping Cart.  For anyone that likes Hawaiian / Aloha shirts, try the Johari West brand.  Excellent quality and they fit super muscular guys like myself very well.)

I wanted to test the shipping costs and value limit.  Look at the shipping as I add shirts to the order.  After the first shirt, shipping is dirt cheap.  Average shipping for 5 shirts is $4.77 each but the incremental shipping cost for shirts 2-5 is dirt cheap!

1 shirt                                                          2 shirts

Screenshot (305).png   Screenshot (307).png

3 shirts                                                            4 shirts

Screenshot (309).png  Screenshot (311).png

5 shirts                                                             6 shirts

Screenshot (313).png  Screenshot (315).png

5 shirts squeezes in just below the PH deminimus limit of p10,000, which would be $188.60 at current rates.

Boom!  Add the 6th shirt and you blow through the limit!  Import Fees Deposit $115.62!

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

UPS just dropped off the Amazon Global package. No additional fees or taxes collected. Just a signature and that was it. 5 days from order to delivery for $16. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Just curious, what was the weight of your package?

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Just curious, what was the weight of your package?

It was listed at 1 pound.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I did an experiment with Amazon Global Expedited Shipping (slowest) using a shirt brand I like.  (I ordered 5 of these and they are on the way on Shipping Cart.  For anyone that likes Hawaiian / Aloha shirts, try the Johari West brand.  Excellent quality and they fit super muscular guys like myself very well.)

I wanted to test the shipping costs and value limit.  Look at the shipping as I add shirts to the order.  After the first shirt, shipping is dirt cheap.  Average shipping for 5 shirts is $4.77 each but the incremental shipping cost for shirts 2-5 is dirt cheap!

1 shirt                                                          2 shirts

Screenshot (305).png   Screenshot (307).png

3 shirts                                                            4 shirts

Screenshot (309).png  Screenshot (311).png

5 shirts                                                             6 shirts

Screenshot (313).png  Screenshot (315).png

5 shirts squeezes in just below the PH deminimus limit of p10,000, which would be $188.60 at current rates.

Boom!  Add the 6th shirt and you blow through the limit!  Import Fees Deposit $115.62!

Yes great deal. Need to keep in mind that the shipping charge is used also in the calculation. So, I do believe that is what cause the Qty 6 order to get hit with the customs/tax fees.

Also, my order that came today was also via the "slowest" method. Still only took 5 days to arrive. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I do believe that Amazon Global Shipping's inexpensive rates for quick delivery will put a lot of pressure on freight forwarding companies like ShippingCart, Johnny Air and others.

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I just ordered four pair of shorts from Amazon using the "slow" method (about 5 days I guess). Shipping was $22 and some change. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh, FYI, PayMaya virtual cards work great with ShippingCart and Amazon. Lazada, too. Just thought I would throw that in there.

Edited by JeSsDaDdY
  • Like 3