ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/25/2018 at 11:41 AM, OnMyWay said:

For the air shipments, I worked in that business so I know that typically PH customs will be needing payments of some kind.  The big 3 courier companies usually pass this one on to the consignee, but now they all have products along the lines of "delivery duty paid", where the shipper gets billed for and pays the duties.  It could be that Shipping Box (and the others) have this arrangement and their per lb charge, $6.99, has enough room in it to cover the duties, on average.

I have a bit more insight on this now.  I mentioned the big 3 courier companies but they are probably not using express couriers for the air.  They call it "air cargo" with an estimated transit of 10 days.  So they are probably doing a general air cargo consolidation once or twice a week, or even more often if they have the volume.

The air cargo can be reasonable if you have something small you need, sooner than later.  I have a rear view mirror dash cam in my cart, 1.74 lbs.  I paid $59.99 but here in the Philippines they are more expensive.  I could ship it air cargo for $22.16.  $12.16 + $10 for delivery.  Not a bad deal for something you need!  I'm tempted to test the air cargo!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 7/25/2018 at 5:09 AM, OnMyWay said:

Another update.....

So far, their customer service has been responsive to my e-mails.  One of my shipments was processed, and it was obvious to me that it could have been stacked up better to reduce the dimensions.  They had it as 1144 cubic inches due to stacking.  I e-mailed them and they said they would have the warehouse staff check it.   Today I went into my cart, and the items were re-stacked and re-weighed (dimensionalized).  Only 480 cubic inches now!

There is a YouTube presentation about this popular website ShippingCart.com.  The air freight fees are pretty reasonable and the security that it will arrive fast and safe, without customs fee would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  

Now regarding your issue with re-stacking to reduce the overall dimensions.  How did you come to the conclusion that their dimensions (1144 cu/inch) was erroneous?  Was it simply to instruct them to deflate your blow-up doll first and then remeasure?  

Just asking for a friend........

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jake said:

Was it simply to instruct them to deflate your blow-up doll first and then remeasure?  

No, they had her standing up instead of lying down!  :whistling:

That is funny you mentioned that, because when my wife was shopping on Amazon, looking for kids toys, something she typed in keyed the algorithm to display some blow up dolls.  They were quite attractive!  I asked he if that was my birthday present.  She didn't think that was funny.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Deleted.

On re-reading, it sounded like a sales pitch for another company so I edited my post.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Deleted.

On re-reading, it sounded like a sales pitch for another company so I edited my post.

You mean other shopping / shipping companies?  Why not share?  The more options and information, the better!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

You mean other shopping / shipping companies?  Why not share?  The more options and information, the better!

Well, I did not want to disrupt the flow of your thread but I just had a fantastic experience with an outfit known as Galleon.

They seem to be fairly new.  They buy in the US, ship to the Philippines, deliver to your door by LBC, keep you well informed every step of the process and seem to be really, really inexpensive.

I needed diabetes test strips that are only available in North America.  All the other sites were quoting me about 5K pesos for what I needed and then I found Galleon.  They quoted me just under 2800 pesos all in.  Shipping, customs, whatever fees you can think of and they were fast (in my opinion).

I ordered through them on July 13.  They quoted delivery on or before August 8.  The package was delivered yesterday, July 28.  2 weeks from shopping to drop off.  Wow.  I am impressed.  But this is Philippines and your mileage will vary.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I just had a fantastic experience with an outfit known as Galleon.

That is great!  I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I found Shipping Cart because it was mentioned in the comments on the Galleon FB page.  Many comments mentioned that the prices were too high on Galleon.  How was your price?

Edit: Whoops, I missed your price info!  So it may depend on what type of item you are ordering.

I just saw an Amazon Echo Dot on Galleon for 4224 pesos, about $79.  On Amazon it is $49.99.

Edited by OnMyWay

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

it may depend on what type of item you are ordering.

Yes.  I was so thrilled with the one item I received that I rushed back on line to shop for more bargains.  It seems we have to pick and choose because a beautiful recliner, shipped from the USA, was going to cost me 77K pesos door to door and that seems a bit much, ALTHOUGH to be fair, I paid CDN $1,500 for the La Z Boy recliner I bought in Canada 20 years ago so the good ones do cost money.  What discouraged me was the cost of shipping for large items.  The shipping was 1/2 the cost of the recliner.

So I will stick to only ordering the good deals through Galleon and as in all purchases, buyer beware and it pays to shop around

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I really appreciate all your efforts if sharing all this shipping information Don.  Like many, I am always looking for the cheapest way to ship items to the Philippines.  Like you said the more options the better.  But it sure takes work to sort them all out and even with what you are doing and now finding other options I can get easily confused on which shipper is the best or cheapest service.  I’m usually in no hurry but there are times when I wish we could get faster deliveries.  This then changes the dynamics on the service.  The sad part is not one service is the best for every situation.  So for me I guess I will take the lazy way out and just continue to thank you for doing the research.:tiphat:

• Like 3