The Americanization/Westernization of ang Asawa

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Well, she landed very late on Valentine's Day Night..

So what about the children?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:
19 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

So what about the children?

We’ll get them within one year’s time... after we finish with my stepdaughter’s visa process.  Meanwhile, my Filipino family is caring for them.

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think the thing my wife will miss the most when we move is the comparatively poor shopping in the Philippines compared to the UK. Oh and how everthing works and doesn't break every 5 minutes.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Will the Asawa get used to the extra size American meals? 

• Haha 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Will the Asawa get used to the extra size American meals

Yes!... she probably will, since the extra-sized Filipino meals were actually much larger than the American-sized meals. 

Capture.JPG

The real question is whether or not she will ever get used to the 14 hour time difference over here in America, since she is still suffering from the jet lag.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ambien is the cure for jet lag. A few nights of it will help greatly with the adjustment to the time difference.

You had best start eating at places where she can get rice with the meal if you want her to be happy. Start working on getting her to eat brown rice. It took more than a few years for my sweetie to accept brown rice.

Edited by Guy F.
brown rice
  • Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Guy F. said:

You had best start eating at places where she can get rice with the meal if you want her to be happy. Start working on getting her to eat brown rice. It took more than a few years for my sweetie to accept brown rice.

Thanks... but not right now (salamat... pero hindi ngayon) since we both stopped eating rice for now (with our ketogenic diet, which we both started about 3 months ago back in the Phils).

On 2/17/2019 at 3:29 AM, Arizona Kid said:

Most of the bigger cities have a Filipino type grocery store. Take her there if she starts to miss what she is used to eating.

I will be doing that very soon after we get to see more of the local sites... since there's many Filipino places over here... plus a Jollibee should be opening up over here in June.

https://www.google.com/search?q=filipino+restaurants+in+san+antonio&oq=filipino+restaurant&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8509j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.mysanantonio.com/g00/food/restaurants/article/Filipino-fast-food-favorite-Jollibee-appears-San-13541595.php?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=2

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Will the Asawa get used to the extra size American meals? 

Speaking of super size meals, Mark should take his wife to WalFart.  Where double-triple wide WalFart Babes, (including the employees) can be seen eating while they shop......he, he.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3