Hypothetical question

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If a foreigner on a tourist visa was charged with assault would he be allowed to stay in the Philippines? 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If a foreigner on a tourist visa was charged with assault would he be allowed to stay in the Philippines? 

No idea... but some countries don't allow a person with a charge pending to leave until the charge is heard.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

some countries don't allow a person with a charge pending to leave until the charge is heard

I have heard the same is true here.  Coffee shop gossip talks bought "those guys" who commit a petty crime when they cannot afford to renew their visa and then drag it out in court for years.  Just gossip but where there is smoke there is fire.

graham59
Posted
Posted

It would probably depend upon how much he/she could pay to 'make it go away.' :wink:  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

some countries don't allow a person with a charge pending to leave until the charge is heard.

I doubt an ECC would be granted

• Like 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

In the 70s you could be put on International Hold if a local had charges against you. I'm not sure if that law changed but in the 70s it was on the books. If you wanted to get off the IH you ended up paying the local who had charges against you.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If there are court cases pending they usually request a hold order be placed against anyone involved even if they are the ones pushing the case.  My good friend is claiming damages against a local and the locals attorney has managed to secure a hold order on my friend using the pending court case as a reason.  He knows it's a way of trying to get him to drop the claim.

• Hmm thinking 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Have you found Ben Jordan???????? I hope that why you are asking!

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Some people figure out ways, like this fellow

Paul.png :Caught:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, PaulB said:

Have you found Ben Jordan???????? I hope that why you are asking!

No. To tell the truth a Brit that l was managing his condo through Airbnb refuses to pay me with no grounds. When l confronted nicely just asking why he is not reading my messages he attacked me physically. 

Four or five security guard came and he backed off yelling, I'm not going to hit him x 2. 

The issue is now I'm out of pocket where he made almost 50k for just one booking in January and all because of my work.

This person was a so called friend.

He has blocked me and my gf messages.

I feel threatened by what he did and dont know what will happen if l run into him. He embarrassed me infront of maybe 100s of people in the IT park.

I believe l have 2 months to file charges and the procedure to get that far is a pain and then after that they issue him a summons. 

• Sad 1