Hypothetical question

earthdome
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Only guest that stayed can write reviews but anyway the listing was in my account. 

If the booking was in your account why didn't you receive the payment from AirBnB, deduct your fee, and pass the rest over to the owner?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Reboot said:

Wow that's nuts. There seem to be some strange people in the Ph.

This one is not strange he is like many people worldwide who are conmen who don`t pay for work carried out.

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, earthdome said:

If the booking was in your account why didn't you receive the payment from AirBnB, deduct your fee, and pass the rest over to the owner?

Because payment from Airbnb goes to his bank account.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Because payment from Airbnb goes to his bank account.

ok. Thanks for clarifying that. Seems it would be nice if AirBnB had the ability to split payments between the owner and a manager. Perhaps some percentage plus cleaning fee goes to the manager with the rest going to the owner. Having someone manage your AirBnB property must be pretty common.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, earthdome said:

ok. Thanks for clarifying that. Seems it would be nice if AirBnB had the ability to split payments between the owner and a manager. Perhaps some percentage plus cleaning fee goes to the manager with the rest going to the owner. Having someone manage your AirBnB property must be pretty common.

I suppose AirBnB feel that isn't their problem

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

When you have listings or more than one each can be paid into different bank accounts. The reason l don't have payouts into my bank account is so that clients cannot acuse me of taking money that l should not have so the payout goes to them and l bill them for my devices. In this case l wish it was the other way but l never thought a friend that often has a beer with me would turn against me and l don't even really know why. It could be he thought l upped my fees but it's not true as that was something he was screaming in my face. Every one else has  a signed contract but l did not do it with him which is something l will never do again. Just never thought of any problems. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

When you have listings or more than one each can be paid into different bank accounts. The reason l don't have payouts into my bank account is so that clients cannot acuse me of taking money that l should not have so the payout goes to them and l bill them for my devices. In this case l wish it was the other way but l never thought a friend that often has a beer with me would turn against me and l don't even really know why. It could be he thought l upped my fees but it's not true as that was something he was screaming in my face. Every one else has  a signed contract but l did not do it with him which is something l will never do again. Just never thought of any problems. 

Ahh, that helps explain things. Do you get a retainer fee as part of the contract?

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe strongly in the power of persuasion. If unsuccessful, I believe in the persuasion of power.

it’s amazing what a few hundred pesos can get done.

only because he’s a foreigner. Would not suggest with a local.

Edited by nor cal mike
Add

RBM
Posted
Posted

One thing I have just found out is if your going to file a case one must first go through the Barangay which does add considerable time.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

One thing I have just found out is if your going to file a case one must first go through the Barangay which does add considerable time.

Then there could be the usual " prove your BIR receipts etc."