Hypothetical question

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Immediately file charges Tom. Wishing you a quick response.

Edited by Old55
Auto correct error

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Tom, sometimes it is better to walk away from situations like you described, the PI's have a saying, its called" karma" maybe this might be the best course of action without getting caught up in legal processing. Just be wary of were you are at all times, only solicitors win at the end of the day. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know of 1 case where an American was accused of assault against a local. He was still travelling in and out of the country without any bother. It took 3 years to bring the case to an end.

I think if you put a blotter against him it will stop any further aggression. You could try to put something like a litigation order on his condo but will that deter future clients should it become known.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It would be a shame if his condo was booked out solid then people kept cancelling within the free cancellation period making it less likely to be filled. I've also heard of people getting spare keys cut and things happening to the condo. :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

"To tell the truth a Brit that l was managing his condo through Airbnb refuses to pay me with no grounds. "

So you were managing and getting paid as to mange this condo. The "Brit" is on a tourist visa. And he wasn't paying you? 

So you must have immigration status to work in the Philippines (??) right, and you file income tax there as well?

And this dude owns a condo, but he is on a tourist visa, and  also makes money there as well renting the condo? And wouldn't that be a violation of his immigration status?  I'd think the "assault" may be a minor issue for him compared to what he told immigration when he entered. 

RBM
Posted
Posted

My understanding is the BI an DOJ work I dependent of each other.  Unless the charges are serious enough the DOJ will not contact the BI, I doubt a simple assault case would come to attention of BI.

Gator
Posted
Posted

The old adage of “Pick your Battles” comes to mind. Unless I was seriously injured and incurred medical expenses, I would not pursue criminal charges here. For minor assaults / batteries between foreigners I doubt the police would do anything anyhow - unless you made a donation.

If you’re working here legally and have all of your own ducks lined up in row, then you might consider filing civil “raps” against him for the monetary loss plus court costs and legal fees. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

gator mate, (on the Side as you are here), can you put up the Photos of our meet as unfortunately, Steve had a problem with his/ Sorry G&G's but this is the first gator has been on since we all met:whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It would be a shame if his condo was booked out solid then people kept cancelling within the free cancellation period making it less likely to be filled. I've also heard of people getting spare keys cut and things happening to the condo. :whistling:

If you wanted to add fuel to the fire, the above might work.   

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

He is back living in the condo. I have towels and linens here in my condo which belongs to him but l have not given back. Now he says he will contact his lawyer, then he blocked my gf and l from sending messages.

Except for 2 new towels the rest is trash value.