Piggery project

Reboot
Posted
Posted

What did it cost to build, and what income (gross and net) is it expected to produce?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

There's a guy on youtube with a piggery 'a foreigner farming in the philippines'. He's spoke about all his expected figures before.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

What did it cost to build, and what income (gross and net) is it expected to produce?

Inclusive of all costs about 45k gb pounds

Expected profit per pig is anything between 2k and 4k per pig depending on size

If i was to gear up just to do piglets i could achieve 500 piglets a year with a sale price of around 1.25 mil peso ,costs are projected at 0.8 mill on just the piglets 

I will probably do a combination of piglets and fattened pig's 

There are pit falls to be considered , i dont have enough experience ofvthe market yet , its going to be suck it and see

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

There's a guy on youtube with a piggery 'a foreigner farming in the philippines'. He's spoke about all his expected figures before.

Im in contact with that guy , we are swapping ideas 

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Inclusive of all costs about 45k gb pounds

Expected profit per pig is anything between 2k and 4k per pig depending on size

If i was to gear up just to do piglets i could achieve 500 piglets a year with a sale price of around 1.25 mil peso ,costs are projected at 0.8 mill on just the piglets 

I will probably do a combination of piglets and fattened pig's 

There are pit falls to be considered , i dont have enough experience ofvthe market yet , its going to be suck it and see

So about 3M php...is that inclusive of the land...or just the structure? Best of luck on your venture.

Edited by Reboot

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Thats just the structure, the whole project including tax , sows , electrical installation , land , legsl fees etc and having a house built has cost about 92 k gb pounds 

If i had managed it better i could have saved around 500k pesos on the end cost 

I estimate thst the house cost aboit 350k too much , dont let the builders work on day rate 

The electrician scammed myself and many other people , its cost me about 150 k peso to fix his crap work 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

That's not crap work that is the accepted norm. Just need the machine gun towers and electric fence. Pilfering will be an ever present danger. Often the caretaker is in on it even if family.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gary D said:

That's not crap work that is the accepted norm. Just need the machine gun towers and electric fence. Pilfering will be an ever present danger. Often the caretaker is in on it even if family.

The electrician scammed a lot of people , the cops are allegedly looking for him and so are some bad guys.

Pilfering is a problem in any business , i will use cctv etc to reduce it 

I have the care taker on a contract 

As long as the pilfering does not attain stupid levels i consider it a business cost 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1