Piggery project

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Before starting a new business, I always try to think about the exit strategy in the event things don't work out the way I had planned. That's a large size, quality infrastructure you are building. One possibility down the road is to lease the premises to a pig farmer. You derive a steady income without the headaches associated with running a business.

I certainly don't think you're one to sit around and let the grass grown under your feet. 

Just be carefull that you're not making your girlfriend too attractive a catch for some young Filipino. Once you make a local wealthy loyalty can change quickly as a few of my loved up friends have discovered to their loss. 

As JjReyes has said have an exit strategy or some legal way of protecting your investment. If you intend having anything to do with the business you'll need a work visa etc or you're lining yourself up for a whole lot of pain. 

Just 3 months ago my friend went to sell his bar here which he thought was protected via a corporation only to be told by the majority Filipino share holders the bar is theirs so go and do one. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

told by the majority Filipino share holders the bar is theirs so go and do one. 

This seems to be a recurring problem I have heard. From Experience, Problems arise when you have to trust others and here in the PI Trust can go out of the Window :unsure: But as we know, it is not always just from the Locals Foreigners have a lot to answer  to sometimes :thumbsup:

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

If you intend having anything to do with the business you'll need a work visa etc or you're lining yourself up for a whole lot of pain. 

Would a 13a visa not cover that?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Before starting a new business, I always try to think about the exit strategy in the event things don't work out the way I had planned. That's a large size, quality infrastructure you are building. One possibility down the road is to lease the premises to a pig farmer. You derive a steady income without the headaches associated with running a business.

Once ive got it running , i will either use a managment structure or ill sub let it 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

This seems to be a recurring problem I have heard. From Experience, Problems arise when you have to trust others and here in the PI Trust can go out of the Window :unsure: But as we know, it is not always just from the Locals Foreigners have a lot to answer  to sometimes :thumbsup:

Might be a good idea to make a generous donation to the current Mayors favorite charity. Could go a long way as far as permits and such.:tongue:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Might be a good idea to make a generous donation to the current Mayors favorite charity. Could go a long way as far as permits and such.:tongue:

Yes...and No.  Once you start feeding a stray dog you may find it keeps coming back for more if you get my meaning! 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jimeve said:

Would a 13a visa not cover that?

Ah but that involves getting married.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

How will you manage the large volume of waste that the pigs will generate?:89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

During the past year or so I have read  most (If not all) the Topics on the forum regarding piggeries, It seems that not many have taken into account the Transporting of large number of pigs to market etc. Talking to a Breeder here not that long ago it would appear that Livestock transport can be an issue, Licenses, Permits and vehicle type. Theft on Transportation was 1 issue raised, has the OP @bastonjock or any  other Budding larger breeder considered this? + Visiting vets fees are expensive and I understand the need of certification of Pig health throughout the year is a  Must. These things can't be met at Barangay level. Just my little input here :wink:

Jack:tiphat:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

To add to Jacks post getting rid of the waste is also a nightmare. Nearby streams, streams downhill, water table etc. 

• Thanks 1