Piggery project

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

During the past year or so I have read  most (If not all) the Topics on the forum regarding piggeries, It seems that not many have taken into account the Transporting of large number of pigs to market etc. Talking to a Breeder here not that long ago it would appear that Livestock transport can be an issue, Licenses, Permits and vehicle type. Theft on Transportation was 1 issue raised, has the OP @bastonjock or any  other Budding larger breeder considered this? + Visiting vets fees are expensive and I understand the need of certification of Pig health throughout the year is a  Must. These things can't be met at Barangay level. Just my little input here :wink:

Jack:tiphat:

Morning All:photo-109:

The feed supplier as part of their sales enhancement , supply a vet FOC to give the pigs a regular check up , as far as transportation goes , gf was has been doing some work on that 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

To add to Jacks post getting rid of the waste is also a nightmare. Nearby streams, streams downhill, water table etc. 

There is a creek that runs through the property and is used by other piggery for that purpose,  as far as problems on water tables etc go , I've had the head engineer from Davao water visit , ( gf,s boss ) and hes been helping with worting out the correct drainage and bio security for the farm 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Yes guys it could all go wrong , I could lose some money , yes I'd be peed off , but I had the cash sitting in a UK bank account so I thought I'd have some fun with it .

I have bought a condo and I am renting it out full time giving me a better return than I can get from UK property 

The land is in the gfs name and I hold a lease on it , with my sons name added as he will probably see the 50 years out ,  my plan is to rent the buildings to the piggery business

I will not be doing any work , I have met the baranguy captain and 2 purok leaders , no doubt they will be asking for something at some point , but the gf has sorted out a massive problem with regard to water for the baranguy , shes is currently now officer in charge at Davao water

Yes theres going to be pitfalls , and I feel that the posts have been most welcome .

I trust the gf , her mama is a pastor and her uncle the bishop of davao , they are hard working honest philipinos , her biological father is an engineer and he dome over from bohol to check and fix wome problems 

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I agree with Jack's sentiments. Sometimes our posts are all doom and gloom but they are from experience. 

No disrespect to the locals but they aren't ones for following the rules of law. 

If someone has done it before regardless how illegal it is then in their books it's all legal.  The issues happen later when they get caught out and everything is lost.  Just look at Boracay, El Nido, Bohol,  Manila and Puerto Galera when the Government decide to uphold laws and regulations. 

Theres been a tightening of the rules in mindanao , a lot of people have been caught out with renting condos , over 200 in the complex I have a condo in , I had to pay registration etc , to become legal . It's all a  learning curve .

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Have to admire the OP, he is going into the venture with eyes wide open and very aware of pit falls. Most which tend to start soon after the operation has commenced.

Keeping a low profile should help,  jealously unfortunately causes many ventures great difficulty. As has been mentioned in previous well thought out posts, it's all about wastage and theft of supplies, I have a friend in this business, some of his stories are mind boggling.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The feed supplier as part of their sales enhancement , supply a vet FOC to give the pigs a regular check up ,

:wow: Then you must be going to buy a heck of a lot Feed my friend :wink:

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well it's kind of difficult to fatten up piglets without it :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Have to admire the OP, he is going into the venture with eyes wide open and very aware of pit falls. Most which tend to start soon after the operation has commenced.

Keeping a low profile should help,  jealously unfortunately causes many ventures great difficulty. As has been mentioned in previous well thought out posts, it's all about wastage and theft of supplies, I have a friend in this business, some of his stories are mind boggling.

Believe me there are times that I feel like a boxer who is in the ring with his arms at his side waiting for the next punch :mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Believe me there are times that I feel like a boxer who is in the ring with his arms at his side waiting for the next punch :mocking:

Fingers crossed smiley.jpg Let's hope they don't come in the old  One , two, Smack &Gotcha.png

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not Jack, this quite common, my friend avails of same service an he has about 50 pigs.

• Hmm thinking 1