Can we really Save the Planet

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Can we really save the planet?..Nope! The damage is irreversible at this point. Good luck to the younger generations to come.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

You could do it even cheaper now, I paid 6.5k pesos for 250w panels, I see them for 5-5.5k now.

Are good quality panels and inverters easily available in the Philippines? 

Say Fronius or SMA inverters  or something of that quality?

Or is it only chinese sourced panels and inverters?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Can we really save the planet?..Nope! The damage is irreversible at this point. Good luck to the younger generations to come.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

:wait_80_anim_gif: LOL AK I can Remember my Dad telling me what my Grandad said  to my dad about his youth day and then My dad  Did the same thing to me now hark at us, What goes round comes round springs to mind  :smile:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:wait_80_anim_gif: LOL AK I can Remember my Dad telling me what my Grandad said  to my dad about his youth day and then My dad  Did the same thing to me now hark at us, What goes round comes round springs to mind  :smile:

I agree Jack. Same with my Dad. I just wish I could come back from the dead 50 or so years from now to take a look at how things turned out! Just for a day! :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I just wish I could come back from the dead 50 or so years from now to take a look at how things turned out! Just for a day! :smile:

Well my friend all joking apart it will still be here, Loud Music, Plastic wrappers or similar, Squalor and Debt. To me just at this time, it has sunk about as low as it can get But I take your Point,  we could maybe ( an small maybe) be proven wrong on this. Then when we have met in 50 years time and had a beer or two ( cos there will always be Beer) it will be to time to say  beam me up scotty.gif :thumbsup:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

To me just at this time, it has sunk about as low as it can get <SNIP> Then when we have met in 50 years time and had a beer or two ( cos there will always be Beer) <SNIP>

It could get worse... you might come back in 50 years time and find out that the only legal beer in the Philippines is Red Horse :whistling:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

You break even, in less than 3 years?

Yeah maybe 2.5 years now, that's buying the panels/inverter and then hiring an electrician locally. Probably around 3-3.5 years if you get one of the package deals.

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Yeah maybe 2.5 years now, that's buying the panels/inverter and then hiring an electrician locally. Probably around 3-3.5 years if you get one of the package deals.

Very very good, that is certainly something to consider. In Scandinavia where I live it takes  MUCH longer time before it becomes profitable. 

• Like 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

"Can we really Save the Planet?"

Of course we can! ... Our planet has already survived a giant meteor attack and the subsequesnt death of the dinosaurs. 

Our planet will always continue to survive (at least until our sun eventually gives out), albeit without humans on our planet.  The future of humanity will have to continue elsewhere in the universe on other habitable planets (at least until we detroy those too). 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

World is home.png :thumbsup:

• Like 2