Of course... they improved it, right?

Yes.  It is now a Ponzi scheme! :hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

As originally envisioned and chartered it wasn't, you got what you paid in.

But the politicians changed that...….. 

Food for thought;

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mike J said:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

Very interesting, Mike, thanks. Who is the author of that quote?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Very interesting, Mike, thanks. Who is the author of that quote?

Alexander Fraser Tytler

Alexander Fraser Tytler, Lord Woodhouselee FRSE was a Scottish advocate, judge, writer and historian who served as Professor of Universal History, and Greek and Roman Antiquities at the University of Edinburgh.
Born: 15 October 1747, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Died: 5 January 1813, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Education: The University of Edinburgh
Parents: William Tytler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Alexander Fraser Tytler

Thanks. I never heard of him, but then my 18th century history knowledge is a bit thin. Very wise man who might foretell USA - and others - future. It sounds like a "vicious circle." At least much of that first sentence seems to have come true in USA.

Edited by Tommy T.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Somebody told me Tuesday that KAPA has been allowed to carry on but it can only give 20% interest,payout each month. Anybody know if this is true?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Somebody told me Tuesday that KAPA has been allowed to carry on but it can only give 20% interest,payout each month. Anybody know if this is true?

Last I read about it yesterday or day before was that there were actually arrest warrants issued for all the top brass in KAPA.

Hahaha...only 20%? People here are grasping at straws to make some money for nothing...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Last I read about it yesterday or day before was that there were actually arrest warrants issued for all the top brass in KAPA.

One of them is actually in Jail, Not sure where the rumour came from Kev (Sonjack) but it has been closed and is under deep investigation by SEC ( Securities and Exchange Committee) of Banko Central

• Love it 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, Tommy T. said:

My partner who is a teacher told me that her co-teachers were suggesting that she tell me to invest in Bitcoin... That was in November last year when Bitcoin was skyrocketing still. I told her no way and suggested she advise her friends to stay away too. As we all know, it crashed to less than $5,000 after nearing $20,000 shortly thereafter.

With the caveat to only invest money you can afford to lose, the price of bitcoin got down to $3150 USD last Nov 2018 and within the last month was back up to $14,000 USD. Currently trading at $9900. So you could have made a tidy profit.

• Like 1