hollow block perimeter wall

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

To me this says it is a complete job and would include making the Gates and the Electrical work involved  if this is not the case then no wonder we are all talking cross Purposes. @bamfurlong maybe you can tell us exactly what the Contractor has quoted for because based on what you have said in this post is to me a Complete Job and that will involve more work than many are saying is too expensive :smile:

One more thing is, do the subdivision charge any fee, that would raise the cost. To me knowing what is involved and this project is the most expensive part of any wall it seems a fair price.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

One more thing is, do the subdivision charge any fee, that would raise the cost.

Apparently according to the OP's post he said it included Plans and Subdivision Requirements

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

One more thing is, do the subdivision charge any fee, that would raise the cost. To me knowing what is involved and this project is the most expensive part of any wall it seems a fair price.

My subdivision require 10K bond and a fee of 1k.  The 10k is returned IF the constructions is in line with the approved plans.  We also need to have plans approve by local planning department.  Unfortunately, many ignore the rules and are willing to lose the 10K to do things as they wish.  

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Unfortunately, many ignore the rules and are willing to lose the 10K to do things as they wish.  

They know me. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They know me. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

Indeed.

It irritates me in that it's another example of the pretence of systems and organisations which are voluntary in their application in reality.  If someone is spending in excess of 250K (or more) then they are clearly not concerned about losing 10K.  I'd make them take down as would happen in other countries - never happen here!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd make them take down as would happen in other countries

They tried.  I won. I am out 10K pesos.  Boo Hoo.  I am sure glad I do not live in another country as I may have to follow a bunch of rules that I do not want to.

For example, my brother in Canada cannot even put a concrete hollow block wall on his property.  That is because a creek runs through it and it might disrupt the natural flow of the water.  However, directly across the street from him, the local school built right on top of the creek using a channel under the schoolyard for the water to flow through.  Keep in mind that I am talking about a school.  It is full of liberal teachers and admins, that blatantly breaks the rules that they protest for average guys to follow.

Can you go make them take the school down?  Of course you cannot.  Same shit happens in other countries but the price is higher.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can you go make them take the school down?  Of course you cannot.  Same shit happens in other countries but the price is higher.

The difference might be that here neither the big guy or the small guy (yourself being an example) are made to comply whilst in other places the big guys might get away with it but the little guy rarely.   I'm sure you will recall the case of the case of the guy in the UK who shot the planning official who was coming to serve a demolition notice on him.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1