Coping with Philippine Culture - Staring

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Gotta compare apples with apples if we are going to use time as a bat to beat the Philippines with Mark. :whistling:

Not going to compare apples to apples, since apples do not grow in the Philippines.  It's more of a case of comparing apples to mangos. :mocking:

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To make a fairer comparison, how long did it take you to get your 13A probationary from the time you started the application process? 

About 3 months.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Not going to compare apples to apples, since apples do not grow in the Philippines.  It's more of a case of comparing apples to mangos. :mocking:

About 3 months.

3 months is certainly longer than the 1 month your wife took - but a darn lot shorter than the 2 years you started with - naughty, naughty, naughty!

I took about 5 weeks from handing  in the documents to getting the 13A permanent stamp in my passport - pretty impressive I'd say.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, Tommy T. said:

I am very grateful to the several in this forum, like you, who have offered good advice to this relative newbie here in the Philippines.

Best to quote who you are replying to so its easier to follow the thread. :thumbsup:

If you want to just answer part of a post highlight it and the quote button comes up .. Quoting 1.jpg

If you want to quote a full post ... quoting 2.jpg

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

I took about 5 weeks from handing  in the documents to getting the 13A permanent stamp in my passport - pretty impressive I'd say.

My hats off to you mate!  Very impressive, indeed! :bonk:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you want to just answer part of a post highlight it and the quote button comes up ..

JGF - Got it! Thanks for the tip. I will do that. I have been floundering a bit as I learn how to work with this forum.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

My hats off to you mate!  Very impressive, indeed! :bonk:

Nowt to do with me Mark, it was down to the efficiency of the visa office.  The list of requirements is clear and not onerous, and provided you have all of them to hand it really SHOULD be plain sailing - which it was.  

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

The list of requirements is clear and not onerous, and provided you have all of them to hand it really SHOULD be plain sailing - which it was.  

I also provided  "all of them," but my tourist visa actually expired whilst waiting for the approval of my probationary 13a.  I went to the BI office to show them my expired visa, but they said:  "no problem, just keep on waiting."  :huh: