Is £10 really a lot for monthly Water?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Basic is 16.38 but over all 24.56 ( that includes all additions and service charges. We have to contract for 10 cubic per month as a Fixed rate.

We paid 53 last month and that was the first time over 50.  That includes sewer services.  12% VAT was added in April 18.  We don't drink it, but many expats drink our water and have no issues.  I spend maybe 200p a month on bottled drinking water for the 5 of us so I don't take a chance with drinking the tap water.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Our water bill hovers around 360-550 pesos no sewage service etc.and   the service is not very good at weekends the pressure drops so theres no water upstairs ! This has been going on for months now, many people complained so the water company built a large holding tank ! Nothing changed the indicator level on the side of the tank is always at the bottom. One thing that annoys me here with the water shortage there are several springs in the area one of which the powers that be runs the flow into a roadside drain ! Seems a shame watching this nice fresh clean water running along a drain outside of peoples homes !

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Our water bill hovers around 360-550 pesos no sewage service etc.

Are so my Thoughts are right Our water service when Good is not that expensive when bad well:whatever: But then, I a not Moaning about my Bill I was just Curious about others  :4617:

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Are so my Thoughts are right Our water service when Good is not that expensive when bad well:whatever: But then, I a not Moaning about my Bill I was just Curious about others  :4617:

That's the Philippines in a nutshell - when it works it's all good but when it doesn't...

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Is £10 really a lot for monthly Water?

That's a real bargain, since I'm paying £21 (27 USD) monthly for water.

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You have it good.  We pay a lot more? 

Don, y’all’s water inside Subic is drinkable from tap still?  If so, Guessing that makes a difference.  I’m looking forward to some cheaper utilities there in RP for sure, although never having worry about clean drinking water 💦 here in WA is a plus.    Our bare minimum bi-monthly water & sewer bill is $190 and in summer usually  another $150 to keep the yard plants alive....sort of balances out with electric cut in half in summer here compared to winter. Can’t imagine California prices.   Wish the Subic area had some good autism services available, as it would be high in my list!  

Gary D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, jimeve said:

mine was zero, use our well water.:thumbsup:

Using a hand pump?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Don, y’all’s water inside Subic is drinkable from tap still?  If so, Guessing that makes a difference.  I’m looking forward to some cheaper utilities there in RP for sure, although never having worry about clean drinking water 💦 here in WA is a plus.    Our bare minimum bi-monthly water & sewer bill is $190 and in summer usually  another $150 to keep the yard plants alive....sort of balances out with electric cut in half in summer here compared to winter. Can’t imagine California prices.   Wish the Subic area had some good autism services available, as it would be high in my list!  

Yes, still drinkable.  I'm not sure if the old Navy treatment plants are the reason why.  Subic Water services the Freeport and also Olongapo.

Wow, that is outrageous for your water & sewer!  I just looked at my last Boone County Kentucky bills from 2012.  I had a huge yard to water in the summer and a swimming pool.  My summer water bill was usually 50-70 and sewer was 18.  At my Florida house water & sewer run 50-100 all year.  That was 2006 but I don't think it has changed much for my tenant.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

That's a real bargain, since I'm paying £21 (27 USD) monthly for water.

Yes! and as I said I am not complaining, I just wanted to hear what others were paying, Seems that for once I live in an Area that has got it about right ( For me anyway) Although there is a Hearing at the Barangay soon as there is to be a massive hike in Charges that seem so unfair on Locals, The District are trying to stop people Digging wells and Installing Hand pumps by issuing a Licence to do so and charging for Water taken out of them ( How they will check that i am not sure) Such is Life here now where once no Regulation per-say to what appears to be Total Regulation :whatever: BUT if mine Doubles I will still be a winner it Seems :smile:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

Using a hand pump?

No, but I know what you are going to say. Electric pump cost money to run. so it's not zero cost. :smile: 

• Haha 1