And then she said, "It's Just Like The Philippines"!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

While we’re in Colorado, I plan on buying some over-the-counter legal medicine (that's not legal in my state  yet) for my aches and pains. :wink:

Hey, have at it and enjoy - it's (mostly) legal! Just be careful because it may make you and her more hungry, and enhance some other physical sensations...hmmm...  (So I have been told, hehehe) Just be careful about taking anything home...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

"It's Just Like The Philippines!

Another thought... No, it's not just like Philippines... I don't see any plastic rubbish, flipflops, toothbrushes, plastic bags... And I imagine the water is a bit cleaner - unless there has been a recent oil spill in the Gulf? Looks like you should be sure to use plenty of sunblock!

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

enhance some other physical sensations...hmmm...  (So I have been told, hehehe) 

Sounds like it may work better than the blue pill, which is not always blue anymore... thank you generic subsitutes!

10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Another thought... No, it's not just like Philippines... I don't see any plastic rubbish, flipflops, toothbrushes, plastic bags... And I imagine the water is a bit cleaner - unless there has been a recent oil spill in the Gulf? 

That's what made me go "Huh?"... the beaches are pristine and luckily, there's been no recent oil spills,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

While we’re in Colorado, I plan on buying some over-the-counter legal medicine (that's not legal in my state  yet) for my aches and pains. :wink:

Ahhhhh, the truth comes out.  Enjoy your trip. Or should I say both trips... :hystery:

Edited by TimL
  • Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

8 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

That's what made me go "Huh?"... the beaches are pristine and luckily, there's been no recent oil spills,

I also imagine you didn't have any kids come up to you with their hands out saying, "Give me money?" It didn't smell like sewage and there were likely no resorts playing loud, bad (is there any good?) karaoke located right at the high tide line? And nobody was trying to sell you beer or street food?

• Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

I also imagine you didn't have any kids come up to you with their hands out saying, "Give me money?" It didn't smell like sewage and there were likely no resorts playing loud, bad (is there any good?) karaoke located right at the high tide line? And nobody was trying to sell you beer or street food?

Also, no 'Hey Joe's' or "Stink Eyes' or 'Staring Eyes'... 

not that any of that stuff ever really bothered me :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Also, no 'Hey Joe's' or "Stink Eyes' or 'Staring Eyes'... 

I am slowly getting over being bothered by that stuff. But, still, it must feel like vacation to not experience that and also, I notice no one else on the beach - no 1,000 kids crowding the water... Nice.

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I am slowly getting over being bothered by that stuff. But, still, it must feel like vacation to not experience that

Yeah, although I was also slowly getting over being bothered by that stuff, it feels like a vacation (all by itself) not to get it anymore.

4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

notice no one else on the beach - no 1,000 kids crowding the water... Nice.

It's actually a beautiful beach at a National Park with no crowds... a very clean and chill place to spend some time relaxing with nature... but the wife wanted to see all of the things that she missed seeing at the beaches in the Philippines... but hopefully not the basura, bad smells, kids sneaking into your selfie shots, etc.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

It's actually a beautiful beach at a National Park with no crowds.

I had a summer job in college (back when dinosaurs roamed the still-cooling earth). Raking up dead fish and picking up rubbish on a beautiful National Park beach on Lake Michigan. Good to see they still keep up the good work. Yeah... and even back then, we would stroll along the beach with little to clean up, and experiment with some of those now-legal medications - without prescriptions, of course... It was nice a lot of days.

But snow in your future? Nah... been there, done that - grew up walking uphill through 3 feet of snow on my way to school and uphill too, on the way home every day in Canada. Having my nose hairs and eyelids freeze, my hands stick to the steering wheel of my car, scraping the ice off the windshield while in university? I hope you and she enjoy that... I will pass...hahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1