And then she said, "It's Just Like The Philippines"!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I thought that it had always been derogatory... but now I'm not really sure.

I actually don't remember hearing that term until a few years ago. Remember, I was sailing the yacht and didn't really have access to much news for almost 20 years...really! My first real idea of it that I remember hearing was regarding after 9/11 with people who looked middle eastern generally... But I likely missed a lot before that... I don't like it, at any rate...

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Hey, have at it and enjoy - it's (mostly) legal! Just be careful because it may make you and her more hungry, and enhance some other physical sensations...hmmm...  (So I have been told, hehehe) Just be careful about taking anything home...

Seems like I eat about 5 pounds of food every time use the wacky weed to ease my pain.:hystery:

• Haha 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Now, she wants to go to Colorado for our next road trip, because she wants to see snow... something that you don't typically see in the Philippines. :smile: 

When my wife Judy first came over on a fiance visa, I took her up to Mt Palomar (north of San Diego, CA).  I made a fatal mistake of showing her some "yellow" snow.  

And that was my first time in the doghouse......and we were not even married at the time.  By the way Mark, nice photos!

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jake said:

By the way Mark, nice photos!

Thanks Jake!... That's great to hear! :)

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And for Mark... I remember, sort-of the lyrics from some ancient song, "Don't know which way to go...just don't eat that yellow snow!"

Frank Zappa-Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I had to sign a release that I would never sue the USA for detaining me, before they let me go.

I wonder if that would be legally binding. Seems you are being forced to sign that under duress. Of course 'they' make the laws and the case would go before 'their' judges. So just go sit on the 'group W' bench and wait for the blind judge to call your case.

Edited by earthdome
  • Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I wonder if that would be legally binding. Seems you are being forced to sign that under duress. Of course 'they' make the laws and the case would go before 'their' judges.

Now, I'm starting to think about the possible statutes of limitations with a possible lawsuit against the USA.

I was detained because me and my college buddies were smoking weed in Canada, and we consumed all of it before re-entering the USA.  This was back when it was illegal in Canada and the USA, (and still illegal in my 'port of entry' state, unless you have a 'medical user' certificate/card).

However, those dogs have a great sense of smell... but aren't pigs better at that?... or so I've read that they are... :wow:... How cool of a joke that would be (if the US Customs and Border Patrol used pigs instead of dogs).  The (fill in the blank) smelled weed in my VW. 

Although, no contraband was ever found, they did have probable cause for what they did... or did they?

However, you have me thinking thinking-face_1f914.png

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, earthdome said:

I wonder if that would be legally binding. Seems you are being forced to sign that under duress.

Don't forget that the U.S. government has a stable-loads of lawyers already on retainer and ready to put it to anyone who challenges it. Not saying it isn't worth it, but it would likely cost more than a few month's worth of pension to see if you are right? I don't know if it is old age or what, but I am so much more conservative and determined to keep a low profile always than the kid I used to be with the long hair, etc...

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Not saying it isn't worth it, but it would likely cost more than a few month's worth of pension to see if you are right?

Not you or me (or the average Joe on a pension), but there could possibly be some millionaires (or billionaires) out there with such past problems (with the government)... and now they have the money to take the government to task. 

Let's see what happens if the US follows Canada's lead with legalization.  If that happens, there could be many past deeds that are now inexcusable during this age of being 'Woke.'

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Let's see what happens if the US follows Canada's lead with legalization.  If that happens, there could be many past deeds that are now inexcusable during this age of being 'Woke.'

I'll hand you this, Mark. You seem to be an indefatigable optimist! Good on you! I am just not so much. Maybe so many times beaten down... but I think we have strayed way off your original topic about... just like the Philippines? hahaha

• Like 1