Three-Year-Old Girl Latest Philippines ‘Drug War’ Victim

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Yes innocent victims,

How true John but it is not just the Killing of anyone, These parents are never thinking, The dealer I spoke of earlier has now left a Wife and 4 young Children with nothing :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Sad 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

How true John but it is not just the Killing of anyone, These parents are never thinking, The dealer I spoke of earlier has now left a Wife and 4 young Children with nothing :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Tragic for the children Jack, put I'm pretty sure the wife was aware of were the money was coming from.

Play with fire  you are more likely to get burnt.....:tiphat:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

I'm pretty sure the wife was aware of were the money was coming from.

:whatever: never be sure JB, but I get the impression they did not need the money that badly, he had a Good Tricycle Franchise, Greed may have come into it. All gone now Trike impounded, Money confiscated :sad:

• Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

There are those who have been killed, robbed or both, to obtain the money to purchase the drugs. While I don't agree with the policy of shoot first ask questions later, from what I have heard most people feel safer since Du30's campaign started.

Hmmm... My personal feeling is sort of ambivalent. I can see the point of going directly after drug dealers. But I also am a bit uneasy with the shoot first, ask questions later philosophy. I actually tend to go towards that policy, but then I think later about the ramifications of that if there are other issues that appear requiring attention......

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Yes innocent victims,

Looking at the bigger picture, tragic as it is to hear of young children dieding, innocent people being targeted, bystanders being shot.

There are those who have been killed, robbed or both, to obtain the money to purchase the drugs. While I don't agree with the policy of shoot first ask questions later, from what I have heard most people feel safer since Du30's campaign started.

Undoubtedly we will feel safer, but that's maybe not entirely the point.  We, or one of our nearest or dearest, may one day become collateral damage.   I'm a great believer in the law, and if the law isn't working then change it rather than ignore it.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Undoubtedly we will feel safer, but that's maybe not entirely the point.  We, or one of our nearest or dearest, may one day become collateral damage.   I'm a great believer in the law, and if the law isn't working then change it rather than ignore it.  

I fully understand what you are saying HK, and I thought I covered that, however wasn't that the reason he gave the shoot to kill permission to eradicate the problem as his way of changing the law?.......not that I agree with that decision one bit.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I fully understand what you are saying HK, and I thought I covered that, however wasn't that the reason he gave the shoot to kill permission to eradicate the problem as his way of changing the law?.......not that I agree with that decision one bit.

You are right that it was a directive from the top John, but surely to consider that as being a change in the law is tantamount to accepting we are living in a dictatorship? He should have processed his change through the approved procedure IMO.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Human Rights Watch is not a "news" source. No matter how much I may agree with them - or disagree with them - they are not journalists. I don't believe this story belongs in the Philippine News section. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I don't believe this story belongs in the Philippine News section. 

Forgive me to question that statement JD,

Opening Post was a tragic event, which by all accounts happened on Sunday and posted here Tuesday.

Replies may of taken a Political turn, for which, I will on my part apologise, but facts are facts.

Just like the reporting of the Former First Lady's 90th Birthday bash, that so many people got sick.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Forgive me to question that statement JD,

Opening Post was a tragic event, which by all accounts happened on Sunday and posted here Tuesday.

Replies may of taken a Political turn, for which, I will on my part apologise, but facts are facts.

Just like the reporting of the Former First Lady's 90th Birthday bash, that so many people got sick.

Yes, i tend to agree with this.  The important point in news surely is the accuracy - the messenger is of little importance.  

• Like 2