Three-Year-Old Girl Latest Philippines ‘Drug War’ Victim

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Those people seem to be completely untouchable for some reason.

They could be touchable if those that can touch them would live without the palm greasers and get on with the Job. Far to many backhanders flying about. Having said that if we (The people) Just knocked Drugs on the Head there would be no need for Dealers. Perhaps to a Large degree we are our own worst enemies.

JMHO

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm probably a bit hardened due to military service and some of the things I've seen but I believe in using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut.  

If words get around that nothing will protect you once caught maybe it'll stop a lot getting involved in the first place. 

If you ask 100 people if they'll jump out of an aeroplane without a chute, jump in a cage with a hungry lion or drink poison I'd guess 100 would refuse.  Give them a chute, gun or antidote then plenty will risk it.  

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

Isn't that what's already being done in the Philippines?... except that the drug dealers that are being executed are at the very bottom of the food chain... (and then there's the collateral damage issue that's being shrugged off by the government).

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm probably a bit hardened due to military service and some of the things I've seen but I believe in using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut.  

If words get around that nothing will protect you once caught maybe it'll stop a lot getting involved in the first place. 

If you ask 100 people if they'll jump out of an aeroplane without a chute, jump in a cage with a hungry lion or drink poison I'd guess 100 would refuse.  Give them a chute, gun or antidote then plenty will risk it.  

Like a snake snowy cut off the head.....

Anybody have any news on Peter Lim suspected of being Cebus biggest pusher.?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Part of the problem is that we only hear of the bottom feeders being busted or killed...  Why?  Simple...  It's PNP who's doing the bust...  And just about everything they do is picked up by the news...  The big jackals?  They are being sought by a different police agency...  One that doesn't have to have a news report when they go to the cr...  Major cases are built up for these people...  And unfortunately there are still enough buddies of theirs in position to know about this and pass that information on...  Next time you hear about the big guys?  Their whereabouts are unknown...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

Greg41
Posted
Posted

I stumbled upon this article and I found it to be quite disturbing and troubling.

“Philippines drugs war: The woman who kills dealers for a living”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Greg41 said:

I stumbled upon this article and I found it to be quite disturbing and troubling.

She is being hired by crooked cops who work with dealers, but the article somehow tries to shift blame to the President. :89:

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Here is a quote from that article that bothers me perhaps the most. We have discussed this already... This seems to describe possibly the biggest problem with the drug war?

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, Tommy T. said:

Here is a quote from that article that bothers me perhaps the most. We have discussed this already... This seems to describe possibly the biggest problem with the drug war?

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

Arrest or kill a low or high level drug dealer and you have just created a job opportunity for the next one. Often in the US when there is a big take down of a major drug ring street violence will increase for a few months as the lower level drug gangs fight it out to see who gets the former dealers territory to become the next major drug dealer. This is a never ending cycle as long as drugs are illegal and their is a huge profit to made from the black market.

• Love it 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, Greg41 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

Nice bit of fiction there. You know the war on drugs and extrajudicial killings and assassinations? The violent death rate is about the same as it was before the War on Drug Dealers. How could this be?

• Like 2