Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Stop wagging it so much then

Ouch!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Making a new life in the Philippines? I used to think that when I moved to Spain 20 years ago a new life. Now there are days when I feel it is not starting or making a new life but Continuing the one I had but in yet another new Country with new Rules and yet again a another Language. Still to a degree, got the same Trappings etc to cope with but much Cheaper in the main to deal with and achieve. Not sure if I am being Cynical or Sarcastic here but, I get the feeling we are all in this together and it is definitely a change of Life ( Well for me anyway) one change I will add  that pleases me and would I not want to change again :wink:

Such are my thoughts and input :thumbsup:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now there are days when I feel it is not starting or making a new life but Continuing the one I had but in yet another new Country with new Rules and yet again a another Language.

Agreed - same sh**, different place!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Greg41
Posted
Posted

I’m reading this topic with a great deal of interest.  I’d really like to live in a tropical climate with a lower cost of living. It’s nice see that so many of my countrymen have been successful with starting a new life in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greg41 said:

I’m reading this topic with a great deal of interest.  I’d really like to live in a tropical climate with a lower cost of living. It’s nice see that so many of my countrymen have been successful with starting a new life in the Philippines.

Hi Greg, welcome to the forum.  Why don't you start a new thread and introduce yourself.😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

We are getting close to moving, we just retired a week ago last Friday, looks like my mom will stay in our house here in the states and watch our cat, which gives us an out if things don't work out. I was stationed in the P.I. and have lived in town and visited over the years so I have a good idea of what I'm getting into, I believe that our success depends mostly on the ability to get enough rest to deal with the culture over there because there is a lot to be said about their culture but there is also some bad with it. I'm not a person who can live out in the boonies away from everything, we like to dine out and relax in a cafe when we want, I do love the country but only to appreciate the beauty and stay a short while. So noise is the challenge and I'm hoping Subic will fit our needs, I just worry when I read it's getting too expensive and a lot of traffic now, nothing ever seems to be a good deal by the time I'm ready to show up, I feel like I'm always about 10 years out of sync with the right place at the right time.

• Like 4

Greg41
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Hi Greg, welcome to the forum.  Why don't you start a new thread and introduce yourself.😀

Thank you Balisidar for your warm welcome!

Greg41
Posted
Posted

Balisidar, thank you again for your warm welcome. 

I’m new here and I really don’t know where to post an introduction.  I’ve recently become a widower and I no longer wish to stay here in England. I’m interested in the Philippines, since I’ve often heard so many good things about how the Philippines is a great place for expats.  I’m looking forward to learning more about each of your expat experiences in the Philippines by reading this forum.  There’s so much research that I need to do before I can make the move.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Greg41 said:

I’m new here and I really don’t know where to post an introduction.  I’ve recently become a widower and I no longer wish to stay here in England. I’m interested in the Philippines, since I’ve often heard so many good things about how the Philippines is a great place for expats.  I’m looking forward to learning more about each of your expat experiences in the Philippines by reading this forum.  There’s so much research that I need to do before I can make the move.

Welcome Greg.  You will find us a helpful bunch.  A good way to learn is to use the "search box" located in the upper right of your screen.  Type in search terms and it will locate posts that reference the word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Greg41 said:

Welcome Greg!  Definitely come for a visit or two and travel around before you make a commitment, there is much to see and people and places are different!  And don't just visit the touristy places as you may just find a hidden gem that fits you to a tee! :cheersty:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1