They took the kit

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

You could be right, hk... but I don't remember being fingerprinted when I was granted my tourist visas before. That was only required when I needed the clearance visa when departing the country... Or are you referring to the srrv that I just got?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

nobody bothered to take prints. Maybe those were not serious enough?

Tom, Fingerprints for Foreigners is only for Immigration purposes, The PI just do not have the technology and resources for Domestic crime printing. Of course we should remember that anyone on a Non Filipino Passport is a Foreigner YEP even other Asians as well as us Whities and those few Black people, although, I am seeing more and more Afro whatever's Lately, Kinda makes me feel a little more at Home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tom, Fingerprints for Foreigners is only for Immigration purposes, The PI just do not have the technology and resources for Domestic crime printing. Of course we should remember that anyone on a Non Filipino Passport is a Foreigner YEP even other Asians as well as us Whities and those few Black people, although, I am seeing more and more Afro whatever's Lately, Kinda makes me feel a little more at Home

Okay, Jack... Thanks for the clarification. I have had my fingerprints taken here so often that I am surprised that I have any left! Well... with that srrv I won't need to do that so often any more...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Tom, Fingerprints for Foreigners is only for Immigration purposes,

This might be off topic a bit... But I have always wondered why they take photo and fingerprints when I was trying to leave the country on my tourist visa, but never when I entered the country? Do you or anyone else know why this is? It seems somehow backward to me.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just as a matter of Interest, My Wife tells me that they do not take Ink Prints of Indiginates But they do take Bios  so there would be no Stotage yet I guess on Local Ink prints but if hey have Bi prints to go on maybe things are moving Forward

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

This might be off topic a bit... But I have always wondered why they take photo and fingerprints when I was trying to leave the country on my tourist visa, but never when I entered the country? Do you or anyone else know why this is? It seems somehow backward to me.

I can only think to check your Status ( BI  paid up to Date) and no  crimes spending in Court

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just as a matter of Interest, My Wife tells me that they do not take Ink Prints of Indiginates But they do take Bios  so there would be no Stotage yet I guess on Local Ink prints but if hey have Bi prints to go on maybe things are moving Forward

I will ask L this question when she gets home from work. As we have been discussing, maybe this is just a transitional phase from ink to IT? I hope so - their tissues do not remove that ink very well...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

I can only think to check your Status ( BI  paid up to Date) and no  crimes spending in Court

Okay... that makes sense. When I got my PI drivers license a month or so ago, they did the same thing - ink and scan fingerprints - and two computer photos in house plus the one from the so-called medical examiner outfit next door...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

I will ask L this question when she gets home from work

I doubt she will know as it is an immigration thing, But Manila say we have to have Inked so Inked it is I am afraid :whatever:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I will ask L this question when she gets home from work. As we have been discussing, maybe this is just a transitional phase from ink to IT? I hope so - their tissues do not remove that ink very well...

We could do what the rich locals do -send the staff to do the fingerprinting for them! 

• Haha 2