English Football

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2019 at 5:39 PM, Mick said:

The mighty Sheffield Wednesday won so all's good.... 

What happened yesterday, losing to those pikey c*nts.

Despite this they need to give Lee Bullen the job permanently and you may have dodged a bullet with Bruce going to the Toon. 

The EPL needs the Wendies and the mighty whites, we had 5000 in the away end yesterday and about 2000 in the home end.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Very sad day for English football with Bury, one of the oldest teams, going into liquidation. I fear this is the start of an avalanche, the EFL are useless and corrupt, Sean Harvey sitting on £400K a year and letting this happen is not acceptable and his history with Bradford and Leeds is questionable to say the least.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Very sad day for English football with Bury, one of the oldest teams, going into liquidation. I fear this is the start of an avalanche, the EFL are useless and corrupt, Sean Harvey sitting on £400K a year and letting this happen is not acceptable and his history with Bradford and Leeds is questionable to say the least.  

You may be right about a potential avalanche, although I doubt it will be that many - Bolton will possibly be next.

If you ask me, the fundamental problem is that the knock-on effect of inflated salaries in the top 2 divisions has filtered down to the lower leagues but the other side of the equation - the income - has not.  Clubs simply don't have the income to meet the ever rising wage bill and other expenses and fans don't want to spend more on tickets. 

Too many teams and not enough income.   

Edited by hk blues

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You may be right about a potential avalanche, although I doubt it will be that many - Bolton will possibly be next.

If you ask me, the fundamental problem is that the knock-on effect of inflated salaries in the top 2 divisions has filtered down to the lower leagues but the other side of the equation - the income - has not.  Clubs simply don't have the income to meet the ever rising wage bill and other expenses and fans don't want to spend more on tickets. 

Too many teams and not enough income.   

I agree, but at the same disagree with you.

Huddersfield, who finished bottom and were on TV a handful of times got more than £90M in TV income, Leeds and Celtic who were on the TV more than 20 times got £2M. Virtually every EFL team loses money and the FFP rules will have long term consequences and will bring a greater divide than we have currently, in the future relegation and promotion will be among those who drop of of the prem league . 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

Bolton will possibly be next.

Bolton Wanderers found a new owner yesterday, (Football Ventures). Back to business. 

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Bolton Wanderers found a new owner yesterday, (Football Ventures). Back to business. 

I saw that this morning, cheers.  

I have a soft spot for the Trotters having lived 10 minutes from the Reebok for 4 or 5 years.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

I agree, but at the same disagree with you.

Huddersfield, who finished bottom and were on TV a handful of times got more than £90M in TV income, Leeds and Celtic who were on the TV more than 20 times got £2M. Virtually every EFL team loses money and the FFP rules will have long term consequences and will bring a greater divide than we have currently, in the future relegation and promotion will be among those who drop of of the prem league . 

I suppose it's all relative - the 2m Celtic got dwarves what my team,  Dundee, get.  And, Celtic are not paying the same wages as most EPL clubs and even some Championship clubs.  As you can probably tell, I'm not a 'Tic fan!  

Perhaps, the problem is as I described but where we draw the line may be a bit higher i.e. the EPL.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I saw that this morning, cheers.  

I have a soft spot for the Trotters having lived 10 minutes from the Reebok for 4 or 5 years.

Yeah, I remember your post. 'Chorley' I was Born and bred in Bolton. Use to go watching them home and away. Still got a lot to do with paying staff and buying players. They have only got 5 senior players on their books. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Yeah, I remember your post. 'Chorley' I was Born and bred in Bolton. Use to go watching them home and away. Still got a lot to do with paying staff and buying players. They have only got 5 senior players on their books. 

Yep - 2 years in Horwich, so within spitting distance of the stadium, then moved up in the world to Chorley!  

A spectacular fall from grace considering where they were with Big Same.  :sad:

• Sad 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

There isn't even any money in the premier league, not profit anyway, you have to spend everything on wages/transfer fees to stay there. My club Bournemouth are the smallest club in the league and have a 102 mil wage bill according to their last accounts, probably more like 110-120 now.

• Like 1