English Football

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Maybe we can all agree that people who are experts at catching, throwing, hitting, and kicking balls around make a whole lot of money? :9436::console:

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

, hitting, and kicking balls around make a whole lot of money? :9436::console:

As long it's not my balls :hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 8/29/2019 at 4:33 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Let's be honest here. The most exciting things about soccer are the brawls that normally and usually break out between the fans. Much more entertaining than the match itself.:laugh:

Are you sure you aren't talking about hockey games? My dad scored some choice seats once to a Chicago Blackhawks game... so we went to see the fight and a hockey game broke out!

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Are you sure you aren't talking about hockey games? My dad scored some choice seats once to a Chicago Blackhawks game... so we went to see the fight and a hockey game broke out!

I've heard that joke before but it was a boxing match that they went to watch. Then a hockey game broke out.:laugh:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've heard that joke before but it was a boxing match that they went to watch. Then a hockey game broke out.:laugh:

That isn't a joke - it was a true story!

• Haha 2

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just read earlier that Gary Speed would have been 50 today, a man that nobody has a bad word to say about. The mystery behind his suicide will never be solved, massive tributes from all his clubs including Leeds where the journey started:

The spooky thing was that the next game after his tragic death, Leeds fans planned to sing his name from the 11th minute for 11 minutes,as he wore the number 11 shirt. The game was Forest away and exactly at the end of the 11 minutes of Leeds chanting, we scored:

I met Gary on several occasions and he was such a great Guy, I can tell you 8 years later where I was when I heard of his death. Sitting in Clover Pub in Mont Kiara, with my Scum Mate Colin, when I got several texts in a few minutes from friends and family. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

For anyone interested,  Setanta Sports have English Premier League football (and Scottish but who watches that :hystery:) in the Philippines. And  better still, it's free apparently.  I made an account last night but couldn't find the subscribe page - contacted support and they emailed back that subscription is free in this region. 

You need to download the app on Play Store and you can then watch on all devices, including smart tv. FYI the app wasn't available on my TV app store but as I'd downloaded it on my phone it was shown on 'apps on other devices' section on my TV.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

For anyone interested,  Setanta Sports have English Premier League football (and Scottish but who watches that :hystery:) in the Philippines. And  better still, it's free apparently.  I made an account last night but couldn't find the subscribe page - contacted support and they emailed back that subscription is free in this region. 

Excellent post HK Blues... I already had an account ( I think they showed Champions league final for free also )...and just cast one of yesterday games to my tv.. works great, excellent pic quality. Thanks for the info !!!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Excellent post HK Blues... I already had an account ( I think they showed Champions league final for free also )...and just cast one of yesterday games to my tv.. works great, excellent pic quality. Thanks for the info !!!

No problem.  I watched Burnley V Man C highlights this morning - there was no commentary on the highlights but there was English commentary of the full-game repeat. 

If you prefer not to cast for whatever reason, you can install the app on your TV directly and log in to your account on the TV directly - works for LG/Samsung and Android TVs at least.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

You need to download the app on Play Store and you can then watch on all devices, including smart tv. FYI the app wasn't available on my TV app store but as I'd downloaded it on my phone it was shown on 'apps on other devices' section on my TV.

Tried to download the app on my phone and tablet both android but got a message saying not available on this devise.