Land costs

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Funny, cost per square meter to build was my question not the cost of the land.:AddEmoticons04230:

That is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question...  it depends upon so many variables that there is no single correct answer... but ‘somewhere between 5000 peso and 50000 peso per square meter’ would cover most house builds that westerners would be considering.

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimeve said:

Are those prices just for land?

Yes just the plot

• Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question...  it depends upon so many variables that there is no single correct answer... but ‘somewhere between 5000 peso and 50000 peso per square meter’ would cover most house builds that westerners would be considering.

In Manila now, it ranges from 19000 peso a sqm to 22000 peso a sqm to build a house of course you can go higher depending on the fixtures quality. This excludes land

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, jimeve said:

cost per square meter to build was my question not the cost of the land.

7 years ago Jim our actual cost on 140 Meter House was 22.000 + per sq meter, at the time it was deemed about Average for this Area, Things change up and down but maybe others that are building now can tell you about Todays' costings @sonjack2847 @davewe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Funny, cost per square meter to build was my question not the cost of the land.:AddEmoticons04230:

Maybe this won't help you, Jim, but here goes...

Here in Davao we are building a house that will cost about 26k /sq m. to construct. After researching around online and asking some local professionals (architect friend, a doctor who had this building constructed) it appears that prices can range from 20k for a really basic building with everything being "ordinary," which seems to mean cheap and basic. This can range - as others have already said - to 100k and more, however 35k/sq m. seems to be at the higher end for a nice home that would accommodate many upper scale foreigners tastes or more well-to do Filipinos. But it all depends on things like windows (several different qualities), tiles, roofing, plumbing, lighting and on and on... So we are picking and choosing better quality for some things, average for others... Maybe that at least gives you some ranges?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Heading says land prices...... 

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe this won't help you, Jim, but here goes...

Here in Davao we are building a house that will cost about 26k /sq m. to construct. After researching around online and asking some local professionals (architect friend, a doctor who had this building constructed) it appears that prices can range from 20k for a really basic building with everything being "ordinary," which seems to mean cheap and basic. This can range - as others have already said - to 100k and more, however 35k/sq m. seems to be at the higher end for a nice home that would accommodate many upper scale foreigners tastes or more well-to do Filipinos. But it all depends on things like windows (several different qualities), tiles, roofing, plumbing, lighting and on and on... So we are picking and choosing better quality for some things, average for others... Maybe that at least gives you some ranges?

We are at the design stage at the moment for our house and have spoken to several contractors about costs. Here in CDO construction costs seem to range from 18k to 25k /sq.mtr.

One often heard remark is the dire shortage of construction workers. There is so much building going on, both private and goverment, that it is difficult to get labourers. That will only push costs up further I guess.

There is a house being constructed next door to us, and at least half of the labourers are agricultural workers filling in between harvests! 

Ken

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

There is a house being constructed next door to us, and at least half of the labourers are agricultural workers filling in between harvests! 

I understand. That is a bit scary sounding to me.

When our home was built in USA so many years ago, the lead carpenter was incredibly talented and efficient - he could do more, high-quality work in one hour than five novices could do in five hours... 

Part of our cost now is because the site is 1/2 hour outside of the city proper so transportation time is a factor. But we looked at 20k/sq m homes in the area and they were not pretty and the workmanship seemed lacking. Every location will be different and every contractor will be different...so caveat emptor!

But Mick is right.... the topic here is supposed to be land prices, not housing construction prices...? Maybe someone should refer to another topic or create a new one?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I purchased a 3000sqm lot 30km from Iloilo in Pototan about 10 years ago. High ground for 600psm.At the time the seller had children ready for collage courses so quick sale price. At the time , similar lots were at 1200psm so a fairly good price. Plus cash sale so seller and I were happy. Titled property also.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Remember all... you get what you pay for... and here in Philippines, sometimes not even that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2