Hong Kong airport

stevewool
Posted
Posted

With all the trouble that has been happening in Hong Kong would you still book a flight that is going from England via Hong Kong to Manila ie Cathy Pacific or would you book a alternative route.

I do like this route as it’s a 12 hour flight then just a few more hours from there rather then a 8 hour then a 7 hour fight with the others, I don’t want to fly direct because of the price with Philippines airlines, what’s your thoughts ?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, stevewool said:

With all the trouble that has been happening in Hong Kong would you still book a flight that is going from England via Hong Kong to Manila ie Cathy Pacific or would you book a alternative route.

I do like this route as it’s a 12 hour flight then just a few more hours from there rather then a 8 hour then a 7 hour fight with the others, I don’t want to fly direct because of the price with Philippines airlines, what’s your thoughts ?

What is your flight date?  If you have some time, wait a bit and see if Hong Kong calms down some after the recent events.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Steve, it would be a no for me.I won't transit HK again. The first flight I took through there went pretty badly wrong. Flight delayed, missed connecting flight, all airline desks closed, I had to arrange my own connection, no porters. I was trying to help a US serviceman (he had 5 large crates) and both of us just wanted to stay and watch our stuff 6 hours until the desks opened in the morning but it wasn't allowed. Had to take our luggage to the hotel and room provided. Which also meant getting it back to the airport ourselves. Shower drain in the room was plugged,.Luckily the wifi was good enough I could make the hours of internet calls necessary. HK might be a destination in the future but I will never transit there again. Doubly so at this time.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'd say why take the chance and be worrying about whether it will be OK or not? I'd choose an alternative route.  

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'll let you know in two weeks time. :console:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would not take a chance there until the government can get the violent protesters under control.  Too many other transfer options. Incheon is great BTW.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

what’s your thoughts ?

Some countries have revised their travel advice for Hong Kong to excercise increased caution or even reconsider need to travel.  Personally I wouldn’t go through Hong Kong right now unless I was already booked through and had to pay a substantial penalty to change.

Maybe fly via Dubai?  Emerites?

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I used KLM from Amsterdam 12 hours direct to Manila, only problem was the 23 KG allowance.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, stevewool said:

Steve we always book direct flights, no hassle missing connecting flights, only one custom stop at end of journey, maybe a little dearer but weigh the odds up. :thumbsup:   Sweetness of cheapness never overcomes the grief of low quality. :whistling:

• Like 4