Property Prices In Your Area

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, Tommy T. said:

Just an aside here... I was looking around on this forum site and came across this ad from @Guy F.

It is dated last year. Some of you might find this interesting? This looks to be a beautiful home in a nice location and for a similar price to what I have heard others here describe for basic rubbish pits or simply overpriced real estate. Hell no, I don't have that kind of money in my pocket right now, but I am impressed with this place. It looks like real quality. (And no, Guy F did not influence me - I don't even know this gentleman)

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/28301-4br-3bath-house-on-1000sqm-dauis-bohol/

This house is still available and the price has dropped to P13.5 million. It's too large for us. We love the neighborhood and plan to build a smaller house on the adjacent 500sqm which we also own. This really is the best location in Bohol for reasons detailed in the ad which that link goes to. A funny story for you- A neighbor whom we employ brought her Mom from Mindanao to live in the house and be the custodian. After 2 weeks she wanted to go back to Mindanao because the neighborhood is too quiet!

No bars on the windows because they are unnecessary.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

After 2 weeks she wanted to go back to Mindanao because the neighborhood is too quiet!

Some Filipinos are so used to living in close quarters that they can't live any other way!  The windows 1 meter from a busy street.  Vendors blowing horns at 5 am.  Noise all day long.  That is how I lived for 6 months when I moved here.  I couldn't wait to get away from it!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Some Filipinos are so used to living in close quarters that they can't live any other way!  The windows 1 meter from a busy street.  Vendors blowing horns at 5 am.  Noise all day long.  That is how I lived for 6 months when I moved here.  I couldn't wait to get away from it!

Loud and clear, OMW!!!

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 11/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, OnMyWay said:

That is close to $300,000 USD.

The price is now P13.5 million, which is $267,857.00.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Guy F. said:

The price is now P13.5 million, which is $267,857.00.

A lot of house for the money plus it looks fantastic too and is in a place where I would love to call home I think, now her comes the bad part, I can’t afford it.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

A lot of house for the money plus it looks fantastic too and is in a place where I would love to call home I think, now her comes the bad part, I can’t afford it.

So robbing a bank is out of the question for you? Hoping I don't get a Korean or Chinese for a neighbor.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

So robbing a bank is out of the question for you? Hoping I don't get a Korean or Chinese for a neighbor.

Don’t have to rob the bank , but I could not buy any food for the rest of my life or until the pension kicks in in 61 months time.

It would be nice to have a nice neighbour where ever we live but not many folk with that sort of cash and are willing to part with it.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Don’t have to rob the bank , but I could not buy any food for the rest of my life or until the pension kicks in in 61 months time.

It would be nice to have a nice neighbour where ever we live but not many folk with that sort of cash and are willing to part with it.

Rent out the extra bedrooms on AirBnB.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Guy F. said:

That a great idea and could work for lots of people, but not me, I have retired to enjoy myself  and have very little stress in retirement.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Guy F. said:

That's what I'm thinking of doing with mine, only problem is we live in the sticks and people would not find us. I would have to do a pickup service at the airport or pier.