Building a house in Bataan

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I am actually surprised they even have it here.  Even in the US it would normally require a special order.  Typically only used in high end and/or custom cabinets.  I do not know if the glue is waterproof or not. 

I'll ask what it actually is and where they got it.

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

There goes week 21 of the build, doesn't seem possible. Big week this week, the garage door is on order and will be fitted next Thursday-Friday. That's the last big ticket item I hope because the budget is pretty much exhausted. Tuesday the Aircon was fitted, they made a nice neat job of it although I'll have to rewire the main to make it three wire, no ground as usual. We had a sudden need for a fence down the side of the house, although we were required to make a right of way the sari sari store nextdoor started putting chairs against our wall and leaving dirty marks on the new paint, then what took the biscuit the son was using it to dismantle his motor bike. They have no respect for anything around here.

MVIMG_20200301_172702.jpg

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

MVIMG_20200301_172731.jpg

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

MVIMG_20200301_172909.jpg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

We had a sudden need for a fence down the side of the house, although we were required to make a right of way the sari sari store nextdoor started putting chairs against our wall and leaving dirty marks on the new paint, then what took the biscuit the son was using it to dismantle his motor bike. They have no respect for anything around here.

Your home looks very neat, clean and professional.

Sorry to hear about the abuse of your home by the neighbours already. Maybe the nice, hot exhaust air from your compressor units will help keep the neighbours at bay? Perhaps you can exhaust fan smells from either your CR maybe kitchen? Just buy a bunch of blue cheese for your salads - maybe that will help ensure they keep their distance?

Edited by Tommy T.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Your home looks very neat, clean and professional.

Sorry to hear about the abuse of your home by the neighbours already. Maybe the nice, hot exhaust air from your compressor units will help keep the neighbours at bay? Perhaps you can exhaust fan smells from either your CR maybe kitchen? Just buy a bunch of blue cheese for your salads - maybe that will help ensure they keep their distance?

There's a canal at the back of the house that smell of chit all the time so I don't think smells put them off. Hopefully once we move in and start putting a bit of water down it it will improve. All our grey water and rainwater is piped into it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe the nice, hot exhaust air from your compressor units will help keep the neighbours at bay? Perhaps you can exhaust fan smells from either your CR maybe kitchen? Just buy a bunch of blue cheese for your salads - maybe that will help ensure they keep their distance?

Hmm...not necessarily a great idea to wind up your neighbours, Tom.  

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The garage door was due last Friday but was delayed until today. As it's a commercial door I was a bit worried that it would look more like the front of a seven eleven but it's not bad at all. 

MVIMG_20200309_154956.jpg

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Looks good Gary! Not at all like a 7-11.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Looks good Gary! Not at all like a 7-11.

The roller door salesman suggested using the wider slats for a residential application and I think it was good advice. It would have been nice to have it painted but it was another 40k for powder coating, as it was the motor drive nearly doubled the cost of the basic manual door.